Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Hello from NY

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from NY

Hello everyone!

After some research I'm hoping this will end up being my winter/spring project. My wife's WRX is running strong but is due for some maintenance, the body on the other hand is just done for. A friend suggested I look into the 818C and I'm sold.

I'm located in NY so i've been spending reading to see what hoops I have to jump through to get this done.

Unfortunately the motor in her car was swapped about 3 years ago and i'm hoping this wont cause an issue when the time comes to get a VIN. The other problem is its a 2002 WRX with an Auto trans.

Anyway, looking forward to getting this started and reading up on everyone's projects!

Post Thanks / Like
    call the dmv. I think you will need all of the emissions stuff. I would talk to them before you even start the project especially with that engine replacement

stack
    FFR MKI Roadster FFR2202K Built in 2000 sold
    FFR Hot Rod #39 under construction

3. Likes CurryX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by stack View Post
    call the dmv. I think you will need all of the emissions stuff. I would talk to them before you even start the project especially with that engine replacement

stack
    Thanks, I was actually able to get them on the phone today. So as it turns out the motor will require so form of a receipt from the seller which references the VIN of the vehicle. He said that since its just parts from the car the title is not required.

So I figure maybe I can find just a motor/trans combo and use the other parts from my soon to be retired daily. I have a friend who may be letting go of his soon so i may explore that option.

I also got my quote for having the 818C shipped to my house which I found reasonable.

fasterer and furiouser longislandwrx's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sent you a pm but subarus have an engine code not a vin on the engine.

I have the DMV packet, just call over and they will send it to you, takes about a week.

A couple upstate cars are already registered Tamra has one iirc.

where in NY are you?
    A well stocked beverage fridge is the key to any successful project.

6. Likes CurryX liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Hey thanks for the update I had just replied to your PM.

I called for the packet on monday. I also got my quote for shipping the kit over but I think I'm going to take my 4runner and a U-haul trailer to go pick it up once i'm at that stage.

Im in Queens, NY

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome to the forum.Roger

9. Likes CurryX liked this post