FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Hello from PA

Post Thanks / Like

Hello from PA

Hi guys brand new to the forum here I'm in west chester Pa, about 25 miles outside Phila. I'm on my way to check out a Factory Five today, with any kind of luck I'll be a new to me roadster owner

Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear. If you do become a new roadster owner don't forget to give us the details.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! I used to live in West Chester too, right off of 3 and 352 while I worked in Philadelphia.

If you do find yourself getting the Roadster, I'm sure you'll enjoy the open top on the roads to the north! Have fun!
    Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jrcuz View Post
    Good to hear. If you do become a new roadster owner don't forget to give us the details.
    JR
    Oh I will meeting up with "The Traveling Builder," this coming Monday to check it out thoroughly keeping my fingers crossed all goes well

Post Thanks / Like
    Good idea having the traveling builder check it out with you. He knows everything to check and where common problems are. He could also give you an estimate of what it would take to sort out if anything needs a hand. I hope the car is everything you expect and in your garage soon.

Post Thanks / Like
    I live in Camp Hill and have worked with Mark several times. He is a straight shooter and will be a great help with your purchase. I have family in WC and Downingtown. Maybe we can meet someday. Good luck!
    Mk4 Roadster, Picked up complete kit 8/22/14. Most FFR options except Wilwood brakes and IRS. First start 11/11/14. Go-kart 3/8/15. 347 Stroker, TKO 500, 3-link/3.27 rear. PA street legal 7/29/15.

Post Thanks / Like
    thanks, yes Monday 7/2 is the big day meeting Mark and going over the car, if all goes well I'll make them an offer. Jim, if all goes well maybe a gtg in West Chester pa

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck. I have been to some car shows in the area. I will PM you if I plan to attend any soon. I know another FFR roadster owner near exton. Maybe we can have a Cobra get together.
    Mk4 Roadster, Picked up complete kit 8/22/14. Most FFR options except Wilwood brakes and IRS. First start 11/11/14. Go-kart 3/8/15. 347 Stroker, TKO 500, 3-link/3.27 rear. PA street legal 7/29/15.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome! Roger

Post Thanks / Like
    well, I pick up the car this coming Friday from Mark aka The Traveling builder, he had a checklist of things he did to get the car just right. I can't wait to cruise it down to ocean city md

Mark aligned the body panels better and took care of some minor mechanical stuff
    Last edited by caesarmascetti; 07-30-2018 at 05:21 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Very nice! Congrats!!
    Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe builder

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the car. Definitely a "stunner". Your about 45 minutes down the road from my location. Us PA guys should have a get together.

Give us some specs on your new ride........

regards,

RickP

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by RickP View Post
    Congrats on the car. Definitely a "stunner". Your about 45 minutes down the road from my location. Us PA guys should have a get together.

Give us some specs on your new ride........

regards,

RickP
    Hi Rick we definitely should set up a gtg:

347 CID Stroker, w/Mass Flo FI, AFR 185 heads
    5 speed
    IRS
    Power brakes and steering
    Hydraulic clutch
    WIllwood brakes