Hello Forum,

I am middle aged automotive engineer from the Detroit area (Brighton, MI to be specific).

I’m getting ready to commit to buying a Roadster Kit and just wanted to get anyone’s 2 cents on any advice that you may have for me on my endeavor.

I currently own a ‘88 (upgraded EFI to ‘89) Mustang GT Hatch, its a complete POS aside from the powertrain that I rebuilt in college.

‘88 Mustang GT Upgrades (for which I remember):
- Trickflow Stage 1 Heads, Cam, and Intake
- 100 shot Plate system from TrickFlow (w/mini controller)
- 24# Injectors
- Summit Ignition Box
- Cold Air Intake (from RH Quarter Panel box)
- Removed A/C
- 5-way KONI adjustable shocks
- Tubular Upper/Lower Rear Control Arms
- 3.55 gears
- Rebuilt (upgraded 2nd/3rd) Tremec T5
- ...Many other small items

My plan is to take the good things that I have upgraded on the Mustang from the above and use that as a base for my Roadster.

Certainly I will utilize the FFR resources to ensure I don’t mis anything I need to remove from my Fox Body. But is there any recommendations on things that I absolutely should take from the Fox and use? Or on the other hand are there things that I absolutely should not use from the Fox?

I am slowly working to disassemble the Mustang now and plan to order my Roadster kit before the end of the Summer Sale for a fall delivery. I think the build will probably take me more than a year so my target to to have a go-kart by the end of next summer and hopefully the car done by the summer of 2020, worst case it leaks into 2021.

If anyone has any advice let me know. Looking forward to being a part of this community.