Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Delivery of Complete Kit is Bittersweet

Post Thanks / Like

Delivery of Complete Kit is Bittersweet

Stewart Transportation delivered my complete kit today! By the way, their deliver process went great, no complaints. I had to meet them at my house, get everything in my garage and get back to work so I have not had time to start doing an inventory. I did bring the Parts Order List back to my office and just had a few minutes to look it over. I had been prepared for some items to be back ordered but had no idea that key parts of my front and rear suspension would be! I've read over the manual enough to know that the front suspension is the first thing you install after removing the body so, once I inventory the parts and remove the body and aluminum panels, I'm kinda dead in the water. Like my thread title says, kind of bittersweet. My production date was 7-14.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I had a big backorder l list too but FF sent me 5 big boxes within a couple weeks. I think there have been a lot of orders and FF is doing everything they can to keep up but work with a lot of vendors with different timelines. Inventory will take some time and then you will have some other things you can work on while waiting for the suspension bits. I know how you feel though.

Post Thanks / Like
    You will be surprised how fast the back ordered items show up. Besides there is plenty to do. All of the aluminum can be fitted and drilled before the suspension. Just don't make any of it permanent.
    The steering system can be installed.
    Drill roll bars.
    install pedal box
    install rear wiring harness.
    paint and assemble E brake handle
    paint and assemble hood hinges
    drill out IRS parts if ordered
    assemble wind wings and sun visors.

You get the idea. Plenty to keep you busy for a long
    time.
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Not really, there is no set order you have to follow. Don't have front suspension parts, move to the rear, don't have them, start mocking up and fitting and drilling panels, You can do the pedals, lay out fuel and brake lines, there are dozens of things to work on.
    Well Mike beat me to it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for all the support! I agree, I will have plenty to do! Can't wait to get started.

Post Thanks / Like
    I am not sure how much time you have to work but it took me a couple weeks just to drill panels alone! As others have said there is plenty of work you can do while waiting for other parts to arrive. Dont feel discouraged like you are dead in the water.
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    What everyone said is true. However, make sure you use a system to track what you have and haven't done if you do end up skipping around. Thats probably good advice even if you were going straight through the manual.
    MK4 #9028 - Coyote - TKO600
    Delivery: 1/30/17 First Start: 7/23/17 Legal: 10/5/17 Graduated: 10/15/18
    Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...8-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy's View Post
    Thanks for all the support! I agree, I will have plenty to do! Can't wait to get started.
    Get off the forum and get to work!

Congrats on the arrival.

9. Likes Higgybulin liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    When I received my kit, a number of items were on back order too. In my case they arrived within a couple weeks. I had loads of stuff to do on the donor parts, so the back order didn't cause me any delay. I should also say that one item, the exhaust headers, took the longest to receive. factory five inspected them before shipping them to me, and found a problem. They did not send them out until they had good ones. I probably would not have recognized there was a problem with them until months after they were installed. I appreciate the care Factory five took inspecting the parts; it sure beats ordering parts on amazon or ebay, although I bought tons of stuff there as well.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Randy's View Post
    Stewart Transportation delivered my complete kit today! By the way, their deliver process went great, no complaints. I had to meet them at my house, get everything in my garage and get back to work so I have not had time to start doing an inventory. I did bring the Parts Order List back to my office and just had a few minutes to look it over. I had been prepared for some items to be back ordered but had no idea that key parts of my front and rear suspension would be! I've read over the manual enough to know that the front suspension is the first thing you install after removing the body so, once I inventory the parts and remove the body and aluminum panels, I'm kinda dead in the water. Like my thread title says, kind of bittersweet. My production date was 7-14.
    You can always start on the rear suspension and start fitting the panels.
    Doug
    FFR 7995
    347 SBF Prestige Mototsports, Moser 8.8 (3.31) 3 Link, TKO 600, Nitto 555s, 17" Halibrands, PS, AC, Heat, Color Redfire Pearl, with Wimbledon White Stripes