BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Cruise in and rain

Post Thanks / Like

Cruise in and rain

I've been having a blast driving, going to cruise in's, car shows and I finally found myself caught in the rain. I knew the weather had been acting goofy and it seemed the chance of rain was always in the forecast but some days it never did rain. I had cancelled to many rides and decided I would go for it. Well it ended up being a great cruise in, an amazing thunderstorm with a rainbow and sunny skies to complete the day. It was one of those rains where buckets of water comes down all at once, made the road like a skating rink and I could not see at all through the windshield. I luckily made it to an overpass for cover and got to see someone behind me hydroplane into the median. They were okay and got a tow out and drove away. The storm passed and I held tight to let the road dry a bit. I got back on the road and all's well until the next time.

Post Thanks / Like
    Glad you made it home ok, I use rain-x on my Hot Rod windshield and that helps a lot.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Just Purchase An Extra Large Golf Umbrella & You'll Cruise With Confidence!

https://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/72...rellas#start=1

While it won't keep you 100% dry, it will at least give you a fighting chance to not get totally soaked.
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 09-05-2018 at 10:15 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    The rainbow makes it all worthwhile.

Yup on RainX but good tires make the biggest difference. After that it's all attitude.

Jim

Post Thanks / Like
    Nice pics! Think of it as a rite of passage. I've been rained on a bunch and on various occasions taken refuge below overpasses, gas station canopies, drive through banks, even the entry to a funeral home (no services going on at the time ). Other times I've just gotten wet...it's not the getting wet that concerns me---running treadless R-compounds on the street in the rain is what concerns me!

Jeff

NT01.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by GoDadGo View Post
    Just Purchase An Extra Large Golf Umbrella & You'll Cruise With Confidence!

https://www.pgatoursuperstore.com/72...rellas#start=1

While it won't keep you 100% dry, it will at least give you a fighting chance to not get totally soaked.
    We did think of that but storing it in the car was the problem, no space...

Post Thanks / Like
    Other times I've just gotten wet...it's not the getting wet that concerns me---running treadless R-compounds on the street in the rain is what concerns me!
    I hear ya, my nt555 are better in the wet performance category but don't go above 30 mph, it was like driving on ice, I cant imagine no tread, haha.