BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: EGT Sensor??

Post Thanks / Like

EGT Sensor??

I took the easy road (and am so glad I did!) and had Brian at iWire build my wiring harness. It includes a plug for the EGT sensor. This is probably a novice question, but am I missing something?? I have looked at all the Subaru diagrams and I cannot find the EGT sensor on my exhaust system. I have read about EGT delete mods. Not sure what to do here? I used the Boig Exhaust with cat, which has a bung for the rear O2 sensor. I put the front O2 sensor in the stock position before the up pipe. Does this look correct? And what are people doing with this EGT sensor plug?
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    The EGT sensor goes in the up pipe right below the turbo. It's just a resistive temperature sensor that tells the ECU how hot exhaust temperatures get. Many people remove this sensor and plug the hole in the exhaust because these sensors can sometimes break (when they get old) and get sucked into the turbo. To avoid getting a CEL, just plug a resistor into that harness plug.
    egt.jpg
    http://opposedforces.com/parts/impre...llustration_1/

Post Thanks / Like
    Thank you for the info! I ordered a resister and will bypass, as the the port has been covered in my donor up pipe.