BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Searching for constant tension hose clamp to use on existing hoses

Post Thanks / Like

Searching for constant tension hose clamp to use on existing hoses

I'd like to replace the rest of my cheap worm gear hose clamps with a constant tension hose clamp, but don't want to remove the hoses when making the change.

I've ordered from McMaster before, but those clamps don't slip onto existing hose connections. And cutting these hoses and fitting back on would be something that I'd like to avoid.

Can anyone recommend a constant tension hose clamp that opens? These would be for my remote oil filter hoses, heater hoses and others that size. I've got the bolt clamps on my cooling system that I'm happy with.

thanks, Dave
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos

Post Thanks / Like
    I had thought about changing mine to use the clamptight style hose clamp but haven’t gotten around to it

There website is https://clamptitetools.com

I not sure if this will meet your requirements other folks may have a better solution

Rick
    #8475 Complete Kit Delivered Nov 2014, started Nov 2015, Street Legal Apr 2016, Paint and Interior Completed Aug 2017, 390 BBF, March accessory kit, MSD Atomic EFI and Ready to run, TKO 500 with MidShift kit, hooker headers, 3 link, track lock with 3.55, sway bars, power steering, wipers, heater

Post Thanks / Like
    I originally used t-bolt clamps on my radiator hoses, but was unable to find them in suitable sizes for heater hoses / oil lines / etc

Which led me to try the Gates Power Grip heat shrink clamps which is about the only thing I use on anything now.

Of course it involves removing the hose though...

Here are the part numbers for reference:

JEGSOnlineCatalog-GatesPowergripClamps.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I ordered all of mine through Amazon. Some times you can find the warehouse deals and they are a lot cheaper. I would have used the Gates Power Grip ones also but like you I had all my connections and fluids in so didn't want to pull everything off.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    MKIV #9122 Ordered kit 5/24/17 received kit 8/11/17 MK4 Base kit +,First Start 4/7/18, First Go-Cart 4/22/18, In gelcoat, licensed and driving 8/11/18. Coyote gen2, T-56, 2015 IRS 3.31, 17" Halibrand replicas w/Nitto NT555 G2, Withby Motorcars power brake kit W/Wilwood pedals, 04 Cobra front brakes, 15 Mustang rear brakes with mods, power steering. Paint Jeff Miller Da Bat, Lexus Spectra Blue Mica W/Toyota Silver Sky Metallic strips. Build thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...Paul2STL-Build

Post Thanks / Like
    Check out colonel red racing in the vendor section of the forum.
    He sells Murray constant tension clamps, for the same price you'll find anywhere.
    Last edited by flynntuna; 08-08-2018 at 12:44 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    If Brute Force doesn't work, you're not using enough of it.
    Basic Stuff: MK4 Complete Kit #8439, Wilwood's, 17" Halibrands. Extra Stuff: Stainless brake and fuel lines, Breeze cooling, Battery mount, SS Roll Bar. Old Fart Stuff: Heater, Seat Heaters, Footbox Fresh Air, Stereo, Keyless ignition, Power Steering, Hyd Clutch.
    Young & Dumb Stuff: 427w Dart, TKO600, 3 link Moser M9/Ford 9", 3.5:1, Eaton TruTrac Posi. Graduation Thread