FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Chassis and body question

Post Thanks / Like

Chassis and body question

I purchased a chassis that is a mark I in Dayton OH. Off a guy in a mustang forum I belong to, someone removed all the body supports to put a coupe body was what he said! Long story short I always watch craigslist and managed to find a body literally 5 miles from where I bought the chassis! My question is all my research I never seen a factory five body in black gel coat! The guy I purchased the body off of said he thought it was a factory five body, I have the hood and trunk but no doors! He said that his son build a factory five car and they test fit his doors on my body and fit pretty good he said! I am going post pics of the body hopefully someone might know what body it is! Superfomance is not far from where the body was bought either in Ross OH any help would be appreciated thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    If it's a MK1 from FFR, you can still buy doors from FFR.
    Drivers door: http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/1508...roadster-door/
    Passenger door: http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/1508...roadster-door/
    Fits MK1, MK2, or MK3
    $320 per door. I'd call FFR to confirm your body is what you think it is.
    MK4 Build #9035 Delivered 2/17/17, First Start & Go-Kart 6/2/17, Licensed 9/1/17
    Paint - Lightning Blue Metallic, No Hood Scoop, No Stripes
    Gen 2 Coyote Engine & TKO-600. Solid Axle, 8.8-3.55, Power Steering, Power Brakes, Dual Roll Bars
    Heater and Glove Box, Drop Trunk, Wipers, Radio, FFR Vintage Gauges, Custom Dash
    Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...MK4-Build-9035

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the response I know I can buy the doors from them already but some of the people on here can tell a body from looks!
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Da Natti; 08-08-2018 at 10:25 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    My Mk3 had a black gel coat body, but the pictures above do not look a Factory Five.
    Purchased and un-assembled Mk3 in 2016. 5.0, Aluminum heads, Performer RPM Air gap, Quick Fuel 650 carb, BBK headers T5, 3.55 rear solid axle, Koni Shocks, PS with Hydra-boost. Also own two restored vintage Mustangs, two Model A fords, 1941 Chevy truck and several other hot rods.

Post Thanks / Like
    Don't know what body that is, but it isn't a FFR.

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah, I did not think it was FFR by pictures but it is hard to find early mkI pictures! There not bumps outs for the turn signals! Probably have build the doors myself!

Post Thanks / Like
    Not a FFR body of any generation.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    With some work ( or not ) it could be a nice yard planter.
    Mark IV 7923 arrived 11-14-12
    DOHC 4.6L, Tremec 3650, 3 Link 8.8 w/3.73

Post Thanks / Like
    Lets see pics of the chassis.

Stuff that body on it and build it. It may not be any easier using a new mk4 body??? I dont know all the changes that were made from mk1 to mk4

I assume superformance only sold complete chassis and body so finding pieces that are unfinished are probably not from them?
    Mk3.1 347 AFR 205cc Heads A9L EFI siemens deca 60lb injectors MSD 6AL ignition Vortech V-3 3 Link PS/PB

-- If you can’t fix it with a hammer, you have an electrical problem ! —

Post Thanks / Like
    I will post pictures of the chassis when I get a chance! The Superformance you would not believe how often I come across there stuff there first US dealer was in Ross Ohio it is more than likely another brand but I intend to use it anyway! I just have to build my own doors for it! Unless someone on here is building a roadster in Cincinnati area I can see if there door fit my body then I can buy them FFR but at $700 for a pair I am a little reluctant!

Post Thanks / Like
    Love the patina! Consider a Rat Rod approach?

Post Thanks / Like
    This is the chassis it definitely is a mk1 but cannot find a chassis number! The guy I purchased from said he was going to do a coupe body on it! Kind wish I can find it just for the pedigree! Anyway thanks ps sorry for mess it has been pushed into no mans land in my basement, now I moving so it has to be cleaned!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Da Natti View Post
    This is the chassis it definitely is a mk1 but cannot find a chassis number! The guy I purchased from said he was going to do a coupe body on it! Kind wish I can find it just for the pedigree! Anyway thanks ps sorry for mess it has been pushed into no mans land in my basement, now I moving so it has to be cleaned!
    Wow, it looks like they even threw in the kitchen sink.
    Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8658. 04 of 20. 3.31 IRS.
    Forte 427 Dart, TKO 600, Quick Fuel 780 carb. Delivered 9/2/2015, First start/Go Cart 2/18/2017.
    Road Legal August 31, 2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by ThickCobra View Post
    Wow, it looks like they even threw in the kitchen sink.

HA! YA BEAT ME TO THE PUNCH !!! I know where there is a MK3 body in So Cal if you are interested. Jeff Miller 951-676-0191

Post Thanks / Like
    I'm just going to use the body above I already have it I only paid $175 for the chassis, the guy got tired of taking up space in his shop! if I get a chance after I get it to my new place I'm going to build a chassis dolly and body buck I will take better pics minus the kitchen sink!