Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Donor Hydroboost

Post Thanks / Like

Donor Hydroboost

Using an 02 GT donor hydroboost, and I can't find an aluminum mounting plate for it as called out in the instructions.

I do see an upgrade option that I overlooked: 14766 - 1996-2004 Donor Package. Includes A/C eliminator kit, hydro-boost install kit and brake line adapters +$399.00

Do I need to purchase this upgrade in order to mount the hydroboost unit, or am I missing parts? Also, I was wondering what the AC eliminator includes being that the base kit included a 10775 Pulley Wheel to replace AC? I was wondering what the brake line adapters are also.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think there are a few more items in addition to those listed, you may want to call and get a rundown. But yes, the kit has a specific alum adaptor that goes between the hydroboost unit and the front of the foot box. It gets the unit spaced out the correct distance and changes the angle slightly. The adaptors are to connect new lines to the non standard ports of the hydroboost.
    Good luck!
    John
    Gen 3 Coupe #334 received 11/4/21. Coyote, IRS, TKX, Wilwoods
    '02 GT donor, 4.6 sohc, Received #5488 on 5/29/06. 3-link, ps, pb. Hoosier Cobra member (Hoosiercobra.com)

Post Thanks / Like
    You (or anyone else) wouldn't happen to have any pictures of your hydroboost/abs/traction control brake line and control module routing that you could share?

Post Thanks / Like
    I did not keep the abs or TC. i have seen that others have done that successfully, so hopefully someone will reply. If not, you may need to search the other forum where there was a lot more activity on the 4.6 builds.
    John
    Gen 3 Coupe #334 received 11/4/21. Coyote, IRS, TKX, Wilwoods
    '02 GT donor, 4.6 sohc, Received #5488 on 5/29/06. 3-link, ps, pb. Hoosier Cobra member (Hoosiercobra.com)