FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Quaife question

Post Thanks / Like

Quaife question

Hello, I've done a lot of research about fitting a Quaife into a subaru tranny with Subarugears RP, and I need a sanity check. I have TY755VC7AA transmission out of 2007 Forester which has the newer style stub axles. I would like to fit the the quaife QYH1Y which has the males axles built into and use the older style seals. The tranny is going into to vw vanagon which requires the male axles, which is why i'm trying to avoid the other quaife models. Also, It's my understanding that the bearing carriers are the same. Is this correct? Everything i've read says this will work, but I haven't found someone that has use this specific combination. Thanks for the help.

Jose

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I just installed a OBX differential (with male stubs on diff) into a transmission that originally had an female diff (used on 04+ WRX). They both fit in the same space and use the same carrier bearings. The only difference in the seal and obviously the type of CV they mate to. I had to buy female axles to mate to my male differential stubs but everything fit just fine.

Hopefully that answers your questions.