Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Vin#

Post Thanks / Like

Vin#

Help! I need a SB100 friendly CHP officer for VIN number. Sacramento area.

Post Thanks / Like
    They are all friendly. I recommend that you call and speak with the CHP inspector prior to making your appointment. Let him know what you are bringing and ask him what he requires from you. It always helps to establish a good repore. I did the same and my registration and appointment was much more personal. Ask your inspector if he is willing to use your frame number as your vin when you get there. It’s less work for him and you don’t end up with another tag drilled and riveted someplace that end up looking unsightly.
    F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    I have been to the CHP and he will not do the vin# because he says i have a race engine and told me that he could slap a off road vin# on it and i would never be on road!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Have you been to the DMV and started the SB100 process? DMV is your first stop in the process. The whole purpose of the SB100 is so that you can run a race engine so long as you meet the smog requirements of 1965.

Quote Originally Posted by 1932 View Post
    I have been to the CHP and he will not do the vin# because he says i have a race engine and told me that he could slap a off road vin# on it and i would never be on road!!
    F5R #7841: Anniversary Edition MK4, Ford Racing 427, Edelbrock EFI, Gas-N Pipes, Stainless Headers, TKO600, 3.31 Moser 3-Link, 17" Halibrands

Post Thanks / Like
    Yes i have been 3 times to DMV, they were very good, but cannot do the SB100# to Sac. with out VIN verification!

Post Thanks / Like
    I stand corrected. Your DMV officer is not only Ill informed but also not nice.
    Last edited by CDXXVII; 08-11-2018 at 02:40 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Something is not happening correctly. DMV should give you your SB100 sequence number as well as your Temp Operating Permit on your first visit. You need Your sequence number for your DMV and BAR inspection.

Yes i have been 3 times to DMV, they were very good, but cannot do the SB100# to Sac. with out VIN verification!

Post Thanks / Like
    This is worth reading through. Someone took the time to describe the process in detail. My process was pretty straight forward and trouble free.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ll=1#post54396

Post Thanks / Like
    Help! I need a SB100 friendly CHP officer for VIN number. Sacramento area.
    See my post,
    California Registration Success! (so far)
    Go to Placerville if you are close enough, officer Frizzell.

The above link is good but highly outdated, most of the procedures have changed.
    Familiarize yourself with the definition of a "specially constructed vehicle", statute 580, and SB100, statute 44017.4.
    Last edited by BB767; 08-11-2018 at 05:05 PM. Reason: More info
    MK4 - complete kit - Blueprint 427W - Holly Sniper EFI - TKO 600 .64 - 3.55 3 link - 17" Halibrands