Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Delivery and unboxing

Post Thanks / Like

Delivery and unboxing

Just a quick update, my GTM got delivered last week! Another forum member TDSapp helped me unload (thanks Tim!), and with the two of us and the driver, it was rather painless

I finished inventory of the boxes today, I'm missing somewhere around 10 smaller parts, which isn't bad considering the sheer number of components. And my living room is nothing but boxes and parts, but that's okay - the wife is out of town for the next 3 weeks. Plenty of time to clean up later

The first picture is the body removed from the chassis and just chillin' on the garage floor. To anyone considering space requirements, a 2-car garage seems to be very adequate. I have room on both sides of the chassis to work. Also, my friend and I didn't have any issues with removing the body from the chassis with just the two of us. We did remove the doors, hatch, and all glass prior, but I feel like that should be standard practice anyway.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Ryan
    GTM #511
    Build log: gtm.perkinsons.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan,

How exciting!!! Looks good.
    My Production Completed date for a Type 65 Coupe was yesterday!!! Loading up into the Stewart truck is this week and then, depending on the route, likely a few weeks until delivery here in Scottsdale, AZ.
    Best of luck and times with your build and then the driving.

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    The fun begins! Congrats and enjoy your build!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations! What is your build time frame?
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats. Just wondering how many GTMs we are up to now...can you tell us what chassis number you got?
    www.myraceshop.com

GTM solution kits
    Corvette and Race parts

Post Thanks / Like
    Two things that Ryan forgot to mention...

1. After we unloaded his GTM, instead of staying home and playing with his car, he came over and helped me unload the stage 2 delivery of my hot rod.

2. I got there and discovered that Ryan is a kid! Not kidding he is one month older than my oldest son. I am glad to see that he has his life in order at this age to be able to start a project like this.

We only had one car stop and ask what the car was as it was being unloaded. The guy lives right down the street from Ryan so I expect he will be watching it being built.

(BTW, Ryan you need to update your signature now. :-) )
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    What is the meaning of the hammer and sickle?
    Last edited by beeman; 08-13-2018 at 05:10 PM.
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats and good luck.

I compiled a word doc that lists all the parts for the GTM in numerical order so I could find what part the manual was talking about when it just listed a part number. I also listed the box it came in, but I don't know if this is the same for all the GTMs. This came in handy throughout my build. I just tried to upload it but the forum tells me the file is too big. I'm not computer savvy enough to know how to get it uploaded. If you are interested and have any suggestions I will give it a shot.

Keith

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith1 View Post
    Congrats and good luck.

I compiled a word doc that lists all the parts for the GTM in numerical order so I could find what part the manual was talking about when it just listed a part number. I also listed the box it came in, but I don't know if this is the same for all the GTMs. This came in handy throughout my build. I just tried to upload it but the forum tells me the file is too big. I'm not computer savvy enough to know how to get it uploaded. If you are interested and have any suggestions I will give it a shot.

Keith
    Keith, I just did step one (steering rack install) and this exact thought occurred to me. I came into the house with every intention of creating exactly this. If you could send what you have to [email protected], I'll take a look and verify against my box list. If nothing else, it will at least still be a list of all parts in numerical order. I can host it on my website and share a public link to it.

Quote Originally Posted by beeman View Post
    Congratulations! What is your build time frame? What is the meaning of the hammer and sickle?
    Thanks, Beeman! I'm estimating 1.5 years. I'll probably average around 10 hours a week on it, but I'm sure some weeks will be 70% research, 20% build, 10% swearing. And I guess, historically, that's a communist symbol. Huh. I just googled a mechanical engineer icon and thought it was fun. Hopefully noone reads too much into it......

Quote Originally Posted by TDSapp View Post
    Two things that Ryan forgot to mention...

1. After we unloaded his GTM, instead of staying home and playing with his car, he came over and helped me unload the stage 2 delivery of my hot rod.

2. I got there and discovered that Ryan is a kid! Not kidding he is one month older than my oldest son. I am glad to see that he has his life in order at this age to be able to start a project like this.
    Hey, I was just glad to have to help! And it was great to meet you and see your hot rod. No regrets!!
    And I'll have you know I'm a ripe old man of 28 - a mere 30 years from retirement! I've already started practicing yelling at kids to get off my lawn.

Quote Originally Posted by crash View Post
    Congrats. Just wondering how many GTMs we are up to now...can you tell us what chassis number you got?
    Maybe we're at 511? Just a guess, though - who can decipher the entire thing? F5R1000511M3 (Edit: it might end in M5, can't tell. Looks like the photocopy cut off the top of the final digit)
    Last edited by Perkster029; 08-13-2018 at 09:26 PM.
    Ryan
    GTM #511

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Brandle View Post
    Ryan,

How exciting!!! Looks good.
    My Production Completed date for a Type 65 Coupe was yesterday!!! Loading up into the Stewart truck is this week and then, depending on the route, likely a few weeks until delivery here in Scottsdale, AZ.
    Best of luck and times with your build and then the driving.

Bob
    Then you have happy times ahead!

Quote Originally Posted by VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC View Post
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC The fun begins! Congrats and enjoy your build!
    Thanks, Shane! I've already got the Kooks from you, and I've made a list of the rest of it. I'm sure you'll be hearing from me.
    Ryan
    GTM #511

Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan, Congratulations on your build. I have been at mine for a year and half now and am getting close to go karting, maybe this weekend if I can get done what needs to be done. But then I only average about 4 to 5 hours a week as well. enjoy the build

Steve E.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Keith1 View Post
    Congrats and good luck.

Keith
    Keith, thanks for sending this over. I reformatted to Excel and added a sort, so you can look by box #.

It basically matches my own list, save a few exceptions. I recommend to anyone who is going to build one to take this as a starting place, and fill in their own box numbers as part of the inventory process. This is going to make things much quicker to find! Thanks again, Keith!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=1R5...PxUWX5sB8bWpRD
    Ryan
    GTM #511

Post Thanks / Like
    Great improvement Ryan, that should help lots of builders!

Post Thanks / Like
    Ryan,

Welcome to the madness that is the GTM. I took delivery of mine last October and am breaking no records in speed building it. I'm enjoying the process and finding all kinds of things to do along the way to keep me busy with it.

Enjoy,
    Sean

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Ryan, your going to have more fun then you ever thought was possible.

BTW: How is your fiberglass experience, or are you planning to sublet that out?

Ron
    "May you be in heaven a full half hour before the Devil knows you're dead"

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Presto51 View Post
    Congrats Ryan, your going to have more fun then you ever thought was possible.

BTW: How is your fiberglass experience, or are you planning to sublet that out?

Ron
    I have absolutely zero experience and it is what I've identified as the largest risk of this build. I do, however, have a large supply of patience and a willingness to learn new things, I'm hoping that gets me through it!

That, and YouTube.
    Ryan
    GTM #511

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Perkster029 View Post
    I have absolutely zero experience and it is what I've identified as the largest risk of this build. I do, however, have a large supply of patience and a willingness to learn new things, I'm hoping that gets me through it!

That, and YouTube.

Ryan,

I have some fiberglass experience from my other hobby of building high power rockets. When you get to that stage give me a yell about it, I can drop by and we can work on it together.
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017