FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Type 65 Rear Wheel Body Gap (Misalignment?)

Post Thanks / Like

Type 65 Rear Wheel Body Gap (Misalignment?)

I've noticed this on several Type 65's and looks like the new Gen 3 has it also? Is there a way to fix this or is this poor rear axle alignment?

Right Side Rear.JPGLeft Side Rear.JPG

Post Thanks / Like
    That simply could be camera angle/lenses choice making an optical illusion.... that part of the body wraps under so if the camera is ahead of the rear of the tire, the tire being vertical will block more and more of the opening as the opening wraps under the car.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Guys

I have seen a few of these in person and all of them are off in the passenger side rear wheel well (including the prototype). Since I haven't heard anyone having trouble getting a 4 wheel alignment, I would assume it is in the body that is off slightly. Although FFR uses a CAD program to design the frame, I don't think they use it for bodies.

thanks John

Trick Tool Maker, Super Moderator Hankl's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    This goes back to the first Gen cars, the two side are not symmetrical.
    The way to fix it is to align the rear suspension, and then fibeglass in to make the two side match.

Hank
    “If you didn’t have enough time to do it right the first time. How come you always have time to go back and do it again?” FFR1000186CP

Understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car.
    Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow; I'm crazy about symmetry and this issue would be a show stopper for me so thanks for pointing it out.
    I'm so nuts that I even shortened the wheel base on my MK-4 (Between 3/4" to 7/8") to better center the rear wheels.

You Can Eyeball My Shortened Wheelbase:
    https://youtu.be/IGYtX-3p7xk

Steve
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 08-24-2018 at 11:26 AM.