BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Considering Changing my Remote Oil Adapter to a Canton product

Post Thanks / Like

Considering Changing my Remote Oil Adapter to a Canton product

Looks as though I may be following the Canton 90 degree rotating adapter route. I've used the supplied remote, and believe that I'm starting to develop a leak where it seats against the block.

I have a small block ford 302 and this appears to be the model that I need for my engine.

Note: I am using the J-pipes and supplied OEM headers. Things are tight where this adapter threads onto the block in that area already. Can someone confirm that this is the model that I need to fit in my tight space? I considered the 90* unit, but am unsure if it will fit in my space.

20170601_225144 by D. R., on Flickr

Thanks,
    Dave
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos

Post Thanks / Like
    A lot of people with the same clearance problems have used the Explorer oil filter adapter, which turns the oil filter 90 degrees and keeps it on the engine so that no hoses are needed.

Here it is on amazon, for illustration purposes only. Maybe someone else has one available.

https://www.amazon.com/Ford-Racing-M.../dp/B000CEO6RM

Post Thanks / Like
    Dave, i had the same problem with that adapter so i scrapped it when i changed to 4X4 headers.
    Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    I used the 90 degree Ford adapter. No hoses to get in the way. Using front sump oil pan so it had to tilt filter forward a bit.

P8150096.jpg
    P8150097.jpg
    P8150098.jpg
    Last edited by CNIdog; 08-15-2018 at 10:03 PM. Reason: more pics

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by DadofThree View Post
    Looks as though I may be following the Canton 90 degree rotating adapter route. I've used the supplied remote, and believe that I'm starting to develop a leak where it seats against the block.

I have a small block ford 302 and this appears to be the model that I need for my engine.

Note: I am using the J-pipes and supplied OEM headers. Things are tight where this adapter threads onto the block in that area already. Can someone confirm that this is the model that I need to fit in my tight space? I considered the 90* unit, but am unsure if it will fit in my space.

20170601_225144 by D. R., on Flickr

Thanks,
    Dave
    That's the remote adapter I'm using on my small block. Works fine with no leaks and it's designed so that you can adjust the angle of the ports to whatever orientation you require.

Post Thanks / Like
    I have a brand new Ford unit M-6880-a50 that I did not use after finding plenty of room for a regular filter. If you want it I’m looking for $40.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by brewha View Post
    I have a brand new Ford unit M-6880-a50 that I did not use after finding plenty of room for a regular filter. If you want it I’m looking for $40.
    That'd be great. Sending PM. Thanks.
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos