Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  3

Thread: Curry's 818C Build

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Curry's 818C Build

So I decided to start the thread now so I can plan out my build and source my donor. Figured it would be a good way to get some feedback as well.

I'm pretty familiar with the subaru platform and I have been working on them for the last few years. I have a 2002 wrx (stage 2 tuned) that my wife and I daily in addition to our 2017 4runner. I have been doing most of my own auto work for the last 10 years or so. So all the basic stuff plus turbo installs, a little tuning and I've ventured into learning some body stuff as well. Fairly good with wiring.

In my 84 Cressida I rewired the cluster and installed a digital cluster as opposed to the standard display. Stripped a Lexus SC300 down to the bare metal and wiring and rebuilt the car from the ground up, brand new everything. I even stripped off the old worn leather from the seats and installed new leather I had custom made for the car. Also installed a turbo setup and tuned the car. Made 310 to the wheels.

As of right now I don't have an exact timeline on when I want the car finished. I'll probably determine this once the frame is here and I start work.

I'm busy trying to find myself a donor so I've been searching the NASIOC forums, craigslist and all the other usual channels.

Has anyone actually ever went and got the parts individually? I can see this being maybe just a little more expensive but then I also imagine the amount of time saved as well as space and not having to deal with the shell... etc...

As far as the build goes I'm trying to stick mostly to the manual. I'm about 5'7" so I should be good with the factory seats. I'm sticking with the regular turbo motor, nothing fancy, not yet anyway. Since i'm in New York I've gotta retain all the emissions crap. The harness I plan to clean up on my own.

My goal for the car is to be able to drive it whenever the mood strikes me. My daily commute is about 2 miles so i might even do that for a bit. I do realize there is no heat no AC and all that and i've come to grips its not the most elegant as far as comfort. But im still up for the challenge.

Specs/Plans for the 818C Build:

Motor: Stock motor from a 2002 WRX. Will upgrade the motor to Stage 2 to meet power goals of 250ish HP

I will be rebuilding a secondary motor on the side with fresh internals, seals etc which ill swap in after the car is registered and driven for a little while.

Exhaust: Will be keeping the cat and going dual mufflers (NYS inspection process will require the cat)

Wheels: FFR Gun Metal Wheels

Infotainment: Samsung tablet with Tasker, Two door speakers, amp and line out converter. I might also try incorporating the stock subaru under-seat sub into the system somehow.

Body: Will either dip or wrap the car and decide on a final paint job when I find a color I like

Seats: I plan to go with Braum racing seats that are adjustable and have the diamond stitch pattern
    Last edited by CurryX; 01-20-2019 at 03:18 PM.