While trying to find a place to mount my coolant overflow tank I’m the quickly vanishing real estate in the 33 hit rod, i thought of something. But I wanted to run by more experienced folks than me.

Overview. Coyote with 6R80. Going to be installing a whipple 2.9L blower after I get it running. The blower has a separate coolant filled system that circulates from a reservoir, through a air to coolant low temp radiator (called LTR) the through an intercooler under the blower. I will be mounting the reservoir, pump and LTR with its fans under the back of the car. Not sure if exact placement yet, but probably right in front of the rear axle against back wall for one and behind it against vertical trunk floor for other. This system normally runs under a slight pressure, but not near the cooling system as temps are much lower generally.

What if I ran the radiator overflow to the return line to the intercooler reservoir? Could this work? Would I have to account for pressure in blower coolant system and lower the radiator cap pressure accordingly? Could I vent the blower coolant system to atmosphere and then the pressure difference wouldn’t matter? Would the coolant contraction (vacuum breaking) be affected coming off the slightly pressurized return line instead of a catch can? Or if using that return line wouldn’t work, what about going to the reservoir itself?

Am I overthinking it? Should I not even bother and go with what’s known to work?

Thanks guys.