Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Windshield Rattle

Post Thanks / Like

Windshield Rattle

It seems there is a rattling noise when driving, like its coming from the windshield, but its rock steady, could the body be rubbing on it ? Wierd

Post Thanks / Like

Rattling Noise

Quote Originally Posted by bil1024 View Post
    It seems there is a rattling noise when driving, like its coming from the windshield, but its rock steady, could the body be rubbing on it ? Wierd
    I had a noise similar to what you are describing. At 1st I thought it was my glove box, but it ended up being my passenger door rubbing against the body near the top by the windshield support. It did sound like a rattle. My son actually found it. He placed his hand on the top of the door & it stopped. I tried a little stip of electrical tape on the inside edge of the door & the noise stopped. Maybe you have the same problem. Give it a try.

Post Thanks / Like
    I chased a similar noise for quite a while. Turned out to be the hood latch not being tight enough. Sure sounded like it was coming from the dash/windshield though.
    Mk IV Roadster, 347/516 HP, 8 stack injection, Holley HP ECU, Astro Performance T5, 3-Link 4.10 gears, A/C, PS, PB Purchased 08/2015, Graduated 02/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Hope you find your rattle. I've got a rattling behind my left shoulder. Driving me silly trying to find it.
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos

Post Thanks / Like
    Also check that the holes in the fiberglass are large enough so the windshield posts don't touch the fiberglass. And look on the inside of the w/s post at the lower corner of the w/s frame. Do either of them touch the fiberglass?
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Does it happen at all speeds and engine rpm or variable? I have a resonant vibration from my engine at about 2100 rpm. It was making my air cleaner sound like singing anytime the engine hit that rpm. I tightened it and it went away. Now it vibrates the body right about where the mirror attaches above the dash.
    Good luck sorting it out.

Post Thanks / Like
    Its usually just happens while driving normally, worse over bumps