Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Door Vinyl Panels/Tire Coloring

Post Thanks / Like

Door Vinyl Panels/Tire Coloring

Hey all!

I have a few seemly dumb questions. First, I want to get some vinyl door panels but all I can find are from ********** and they have the pocket (which I really don't want). Does anyone have ones without the pocket and remember where they got them? Do we have any members that might make them? I got a top for my cobra from a member and it was/is top notch. Secondly, I have seen a growing trend of car/truck owners coloring the lettering on their vehicles. As of now, only way I see is using a marker type pen that I see for sale online and in stores like Autozone. That seems like it would look a little cheeky? Has anyone executed this on their vehicle?

Lastly, thanks for all the advice in the past few months on selling my cobra. I had it sold and the buyer was supposed to wire money to my account. Not a day before I couldn't get her to start. Come to find out it was just a loose wire - but I took it as a sign that I was making a mistake and decided to not sell. Now I have a spot in my garage with stacks of boxes/parts that I have ordered and will install when the weather here in Tennessee gets a little cooler.

Funny how things work eh?

Thanks in advance!

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi Jason,

I'll let someone else comment on the door panels and I'll take a swing at the tire lettering. Some of us have done tire stickers. I did some on my car a few weeks ago. check out post #233 in my build thread. They came from tirestickers.com. Mine are custom made, but tirestickers has a lot of them setup for different tire brands already.

Whoops, re read your post...you may be talking about lettering on the body, not the tires?
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Take a look at Herb's Custom Door Panels. He is a supporting vendor on this site. I believe he can make them any way you want.
    Mk4 Roadster, Picked up complete kit 8/22/14. Most FFR options except Wilwood brakes and IRS. First start 11/11/14. Go-kart 3/8/15. 347 Stroker, TKO 500, 3-link/3.27 rear. PA street legal 7/29/15.

Post Thanks / Like
    No sir, you were correct. I was talking about on the tires. Thank you for the info. I completely LOVE the lettering on your tires. That is exactly what I was looking for!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rowe View Post
    No sir, you were correct. I was talking about on the tires. Thank you for the info. I completely LOVE the lettering on your tires. That is exactly what I was looking for!
    Haha, Thanks! I really like the look of tire stickers on about anything. It looks like it adds about 30hp to the car.
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    White oil Sharpie for this. About an hour per tire for two coats. Two Sharpies will do all four ties. These are some old scrap Eagles I have for the build and I just cleaned them and filled in the raised letters already there. Steady hand required. ;-)

P8160099.jpg P8160100.jpg P8160102.jpg
    Last edited by CNIdog; 08-16-2018 at 03:16 PM. Reason: spelling