Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  61
Likes Likes:  91
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: P100DHG Build Thread - Gen 3 Coupe #138

Post Thanks / Like
    May I ask, "What did you decide on door cards?"

As a background, I am expecting body parts back in from the paint shop starting this week. So the final ( .... maybe) phases of final build and titling the vehicle are in front of me. And as usual there are a few build items I have not started yet, such as bonnet skate wheel rollers and ... door cards. I am likely to cloth these cards in the same leather I upholstered the dash with. I wish to make them easily removable so that I can remove the BRE side mirrors as may be needed from time-to-time. So 4x rivnuts are likely in the plan for each card. I have not decided on the door card substrate. I have some sheet aluminum, which is a candidate, but am considering using some ~1/8" ply (I have some baltic birch lying around from some RV interior work last year).

I am hoping your battery woes have been resolved??

... Bob
    Last edited by LateApex; 08-14-2022 at 01:51 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by P100DHG View Post

The real question is with the internal changes how will it sound.... Tim is guessing a 20db reduction which would be substantial. Loud enough to piss off the neighbors but not loud enough to give me a headache within the first minute. Just one other thing and we'll have to wait till everything is welded. I got to peak at Tim's welds today and they look like a robot did them they are so good. (the second picture of the header shows it). I've got to get my Tig welder going and just practice and practice because seeing his work is just really inspirational.
    Great detailed blog - thank you for posting this. I'm about to start on a Type 65 and, like you, I don't want to get a headache from the exhausts. Could you expand on the internal changes You had Tim make to get a 20dB reduction? Thank you!

Post Thanks / Like
    I've been following this thread for years now and I am so excited to hear how it ends! Best of luck on the remainder of the build!

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678