BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: UPDATE - PSA - Tremec T5 is in short supply

Post Thanks / Like

UPDATE - PSA - Tremec T5 is in short supply

IF you are contemplating a Tremec T5 trans, be aware of the following message I got from my supplier:

Dear Ken I wanted to let you know that this is the last T-5 for a while. Tremec had their machine go down and there is no ETA on when they will have it up and running again. I had 2 on the shelf and one sold so I put my name on one until I know if you want it or not.

UPDATE Thursday 5:14 PM 8/16/18
    I contacted TREMEC directly about this topic. There is no shortage or planned outage. The company that I got this from is American Powertrain. They are in good standing with TREMEC. I forwarded my email to them for
    analysis.

More as I know it. It may be a problem employee trying to meet a quota.

~Ken
    Last edited by KenWilkinson; 08-16-2018 at 04:16 PM. Reason: updated information

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Had not heard of any shortage so maybe I'm just lucky. Bought a TKO 600 on ebay last week from a vendor in AZ,,, AMP. I was not in any hurry as I am still waiting for my 33' kit... BUT, then the item went on sale,,, $100 off, so I went ahead and ordered it. They said it was IN STOCK and shipped next day, on a Mon,,, got it delivered in SoCal on Wed. Easy peasy. Now I think I may have just been lucky, not smart.

Post Thanks / Like
    The OP was posting about the Tremec T-5. You bought the TKO-600 (I have one too) not the same.

Olli

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Wow, Yes, I see my error now. Will be more careful going forward when I open my mouth. Sorry.

Post Thanks / Like
    Note update in original post

Post Thanks / Like
    Who is this supplier?
    MKII "Little Boy". 432CI all aluminum Windsor. .699 solid roller, DA Koni shocks, aluminum IRS, Straight cut dog ring T-5, 13" four piston Brembos, Bogart wheels. BOOM!

Post Thanks / Like
    American Powertrain

Interesting, they show up on a Credit card as the driven man. I called and they confirmed this. I'm expecting a call back from the sales manager to clarify.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by KenWilkinson View Post
    American Powertrain

Interesting, they show up on a Credit card as the driven man. I called and they confirmed this. I'm expecting a call back from the sales manager to clarify.
    American Powertrain is DBA The Driven Man, so ok there on credit card. Sales Manager confirms that they are having difficulty getting T5s from Tremec. I guess I'll stick with the order for now.