Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Question about Spindle Spacers Mk4

Post Thanks / Like

Question about Spindle Spacers Mk4

Thanks in advance for your help. I just started my build and am working on the front suspension. I bought a Base Kit, but also bought almost everything I need from FFR, so in effect, I have a Complete Kit. I have 2 questions about the spacers (for ball joints) under the castle nuts on the spindles. First off, I can't find the spacers in any of the parts bags, so I bought flat washers at HD. The outer diameter is a little big and I was going to stack 3 washers together to make the right thickness. Good idea or stupid idea? I still plan to look through all the parts bags again in case I just missed them. I will also probably shop around for a proper spacer. Second question ... Does the upper ball joint attachment to the spindle get a spacer too? That instruction is not mentioned anywhere in the manual or the video. Really appreciate your help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    The spacer is only so that you can engage the cotter pin in the nut. Your washers will work fine. Not needed at he top unless the cotter pin does not engage the nut.
    mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Perfect! Thanks Mike