FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  7

Thread: Here we go...

Post Thanks / Like

Here we go...

Well after lurking for a month or two, looking through the digital assembly manual, asking a few dumb questions and doing some general planning I filled out the order form and clicked send.....

The "plan"
    - 347 mid 400s HP/Torque, TKO600, IRS w/3.55
    - Wilwood upgrade
    - Double adjustable Koni upgrade
    - Topless and hard top options
    - bike fenders
    - power steering
    - power windows
    - Tilt steering
    - A/C

It's a Canadian kit so need to work with Ryan Valin on the parts we need to purchase separately
    Build school scheduled for November

Order acknowledgement already received, ready date set for 6 October!!!

Thanks to everyone that has answered my questions so far, part of the reason we take this plunge and FFR is successful is due to the great community on this forum!

Cheers, Steve
    (smoke filled) Vancouver, BC, Canada
    Last edited by FF33rod; 08-20-2018 at 03:56 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congratulations Steve!

FFR 5369 Pin Drive, IRS, Trigos, Torsen, Wilwoods, FMS BOSS 302 "B" cam , Mass-flo. CA SB100 (SPCN) Registered
    Delivered 4/23/06. "Finished" 4/2012 (still not done!)

3. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Steve!! Welcome to the Dark Side.
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires.

5. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Wooooo!
    '33 Hot Rod
    Ordered: 3/25/17. Delivered: 5/6/17. 1st start: 8/24/18

MK4 Roadster
    Ordered: 7/10/13. Delivered: 8/20/13. Completed: 10/26/15.
    I did everything except spray it. She ain't perfect, but she's mine.

7. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard Steve!
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

9. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Steve
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

11. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Awesome! Anxious for the day I get to make this post...
    -- Mike -- TxMike64 -- @TxMGarage
    Gen1.5 Hot Rod '33 #1094 (Stage 1) - 302/AOD '15 IRS - Quad Built - Build Thread

13. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats Steve, you will love it.
    Gen III Type 65 Coupe Delivered 6/26/2018

15. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I’ll see you at the build school in November.
    I’m looking at
    - 383 with the TKO
    - wilwoods
    - 3 link rear
    - hard top.
    - full fenders
    - power steering and windows
    - A/C
    Still thinking about some other stuff
    Planning to order once I get some of my honey do items complete.
    The forums are great and this is gonna be a great adventure.

Peter
    Pinckney, MI

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good job and Excellent choice. I am right about same time line as you. Stewart sent me an email today saying they HOPED to pick up at F5 end of this week. Then at least a couple weeks out here to SoCal. Already have my new GMPP 350 and put in.... Comp rollercam, roller rockers, brodix alum heads and a few more mods to make a mildish 350 ish HP engine. Going with EFI carb conversion and Got TKO 600 late week, flywheel, clutch and many other goodies to get'goin'. Just need a kit delivered then I can begin. I like old style Hot Rods,,, I expect mine will be petty mild compared to many I see but I my plan should make me happy. Will try to get 3 grandsons who do not even know what a wrench is,,, to get involved. Wish me luck on that.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by peterh226 View Post
    I’ll see you at the build school in November.
    I’m looking at
    - 383 with the TKO
    - wilwoods
    - 3 link rear
    - hard top.
    - full fenders
    - power steering and windows
    - A/C
    Still thinking about some other stuff
    Planning to order once I get some of my honey do items complete.
    The forums are great and this is gonna be a great adventure.

Peter
    Pinckney, MI
    Look forward to meeting you Peter!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyAndy View Post
    Good job and Excellent choice. I am right about same time line as you. Stewart sent me an email today saying they HOPED to pick up at F5 end of this week. Then at least a couple weeks out here to SoCal. Already have my new GMPP 350 and put in.... Comp rollercam, roller rockers, brodix alum heads and a few more mods to make a mildish 350 ish HP engine. Going with EFI carb conversion and Got TKO 600 late week, flywheel, clutch and many other goodies to get'goin'. Just need a kit delivered then I can begin. I like old style Hot Rods,,, I expect mine will be petty mild compared to many I see but I my plan should make me happy. Will try to get 3 grandsons who do not even know what a wrench is,,, to get involved. Wish me luck on that.
    Sounds cool Andy! the infinite ways we can build these kits is what makes it so interesting and personal. Not sure who in the family is going to care that I'm building this, I only have daughters and they could care less about cars. Oldest daughter is about to get married to a great fella who has a teenage son, maybe he'll be into it... We'll see. Anyway, we'll start with entertaining myself and see where it goes...

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by FF33rod View Post
    Sounds cool Andy! the infinite ways we can build these kits is what makes it so interesting and personal. Not sure who in the family is going to care that I'm building this, I only have daughters and they could care less about cars. Oldest daughter is about to get married to a great fella who has a teenage son, maybe he'll be into it... We'll see. Anyway, we'll start with entertaining myself and see where it goes...
    I feel your pain. I have three daughters but there is always hope. The oldest daughter is dating a guy who is a car guy (Challenger SRT Scat Pak). Who knows...... time will tell.
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Congrats Andy !!! I have some parts available you might have some interest in.

Tim Whittaker
    Kootenai Valley Customs

kootenaivalleycustoms.com

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey Steve, I also just ordered a Kit due in next month. Have you had a chance to see the Guy in Langley with 33 Kit?? I was in Langley working a couple months ago, and
    had a nice tour of his shop and car. Lot of useful information. I also have on order a lot of great options from Dan Ruth at Innovative, and Tom Whittaker at Kootenai Valley. Both Guys have been very helpful. Good Luck!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Larry Chappell View Post
    Hey Steve, I also just ordered a Kit due in next month. Have you had a chance to see the Guy in Langley with 33 Kit?? I was in Langley working a couple months ago, and
    had a nice tour of his shop and car. Lot of useful information. I also have on order a lot of great options from Dan Ruth at Innovative, and Tom Whittaker at Kootenai Valley. Both Guys have been very helpful. Good Luck!!
    Larry, haven't found/looked for anyone locally with a built 33 yet. Sounds like it might be a good idea. I have met and am exchanging ideas with a fellow in Port Coquitlam who is in the process. He has a build thread here (BGardner), got his kit a couple of months ago. I've also reconnected with a good guy locally from a previous hobby (RC aircraft). He built a FFR Roadster a few years ago and is now dabbling in the business helping others...

I'm currently looking at Dan's web site and chatting with him by email on his add-ons and improvements. I've looked at Kootenai's site a bit too and will eventually chat with Tim to understand his offerings. One step at a time, it's like trying to drink from a fire hose. Damn fun though figuring all this stuff out.

Congrats on your kit and I look forward to seeing your build thread.
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Langley, British Columbia, Canada

Mark Fettback
    Langley, British Columbia, Canada
    33 Hot Rod
    Started mid Feb 2011
    On the road Mid August 2011
    363 Stroker
    455 HP

I got his information from the "Maps of Owners" I spent a couple hours with him next to Langely Airport. He owns lots of interesting cars. Larry

25. Thanks FF33rod thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    And the madness begins, have fun. I would corral that guy who is dating your daughter and....... anyway have fun its a blast building one of these, at some time you will want to blast it out of your life, especially when it comes to fitting doors, I'm fitting mine 2-weeks into it and still have not got the passenger side complete.
    Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Update:
    - wire transfer done to FFR so I can get a zero balance invoice to submit to Transport Canada for approval to import the starter kit
    - Remainder of parts paid for and on order from Valin's custom cars in Ontario
    - Deposit paid to TRE Performance for a 347 short block, top end kit and assorted bits and bobs to build an engine
    Garage is shaping up. Have jack stands, floor jack, engine hoist, torque wrenches....
    And now we wait and read and wait .... Next few weeks is busy though, daughter wedding this weekend, promotion at work, work trip to China later in October, build school in November....
    Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Here we are about another month later with an update:
    - Garage is cleaned out, workbench setup, and steel shelving in place. Have an engine stand, crane, jack stands, and other fun stuff standing by. It's a very small garage but will have to make do.
    - Fedex says they will be delivering the Canadian kit extras next Monday
    - FFR has the kit ready for Stewart's to pick up
    - TRE Performance is working on my 347 short block and will be shipping it along with top end kit and other assorted goodies around the end of the month

IMG_2369.JPG