Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  38
Likes Likes:  152
Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Carl's 20th Anniversary #8690 - Graduated... 15,000 miles

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    "Hildebrand"?
    Yup, they are new and only used on the #08 20th Anniversary edition FFR Mk4s... I guess the message did not get out to everyone...
    Last edited by BadAsp427; 10-03-2021 at 07:34 AM.

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAsp427 View Post
    Oh, yeah about the "little" mistake... It is to large to transport in the MK4. I will not fit in the trunk or the passenger seat area. 1st world problems I guess... But it sure looks fantastic.
    It does look fantastic. If transporting it isn't practical, it can certainly be an impressive piece of garage wall art.
    Last edited by RJD; 10-02-2021 at 10:01 PM.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

3. Likes BadAsp427 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Carl, I used your idea. Works and looks great! Sorry for the giant pic. I’m on my iPhone and don’t have a decent editor.

Mark
    Mk1, Frame #1929 Complete restoration/upgrade. BP 347 with Edelbrock PF4 439/420. 4 link with coilovers. 8.8 3.55, 15” Halibrand, New beefed up T5 w/short throw shifter, Power 4 wheel disc brakes, Custom original style steering wheel, shaft and boss, Heat/AC, Heated seats, PPW wipers w/washers, Forte’s throttle linkage, RT trunk hoop mod, Pusher cooling fans, full LED lighting, custom headrests, 5 point seat belts with sub pass through, Speedhut GPS gauges, battery drop box in trunk, LED courtesy lights, Breeze trunk cubby kit.

5. Likes BadAsp427 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been away from the Forum's for a good bit of time. More active over on Facebook. Some big changes in my life have found me living in Greeneville/Newport TN. I sold my home in SC and have some property I'm working/living on. That being said, I'm finding a whole different group of auto enthusiast to hang out with. Recently I was able to join a group to drive the "Tail Of The Dragon" in TN along with a couple other popular mountain roads. Here are a few photos from that day. 12 hours of driving, over 400 miles and about 200 of those were all VERY spirited and adrenalin pumping. The BluePrint Engines 347 ran flawlessly and the car handled like it was on rails. It was a BLAST. You can see in the photos just how flat the car's suspension drove. Other drivers that followed me even told me they never saw any role or squat. And they were all very impressed with the handling and acceleration I had out of the curves. What a great day with a great car.

692A7083.jpg 692A7337.jpg imgl6044.jpg imgl6046.jpg imgl4130.jpg xIMG_4284.jpeg

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600

7. Likes danmas, ydousurf, RBachman, zarnold, Fman, Chainsaw liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Your car looked fantastic on the Dragon! I took my Miata on it a few times back in the day, but have not had my Cobra on it yet. Glad it ran so well for you. Thanks for sharing.

9. Likes RBachman, BadAsp427 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Very Nice!

I like that color scheme What were the trade names or color codes you used?

Thanks,
    Craig C

11. Likes BadAsp427 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cc2Arider View Post
    Very Nice!

Thanks,
    Craig C
    Carl may not be back here to visit soon but I can answer that since I painted the car. It's Porsche Carmine Red, stripes are a custom mix I had done to match the Halibrand wheel centers and the border stripes are straight black. All of it is PPG Shopline Plus.

Looks good out there Carl!

Jeff

13. Thanks cc2Arider thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks Jeff! You are super helpful and quick to respond

I hope to see you again in some of the upcoming Hoosier Cobra meets!

Craig C

P.S.: If I get you a color sample, could you match it or suggest a common alternative?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAsp427 View Post
    I have been away from the Forum's for a good bit of time. More active over on Facebook. Some big changes in my life have found me living in Greeneville/Newport TN. I sold my home in SC and have some property I'm working/living on. That being said, I'm finding a whole different group of auto enthusiast to hang out with. Recently I was able to join a group to drive the "Tail Of The Dragon" in TN along with a couple other popular mountain roads. Here are a few photos from that day. 12 hours of driving, over 400 miles and about 200 of those were all VERY spirited and adrenalin pumping. The BluePrint Engines 347 ran flawlessly and the car handled like it was on rails. It was a BLAST. You can see in the photos just how flat the car's suspension drove. Other drivers that followed me even told me they never saw any role or squat. And they were all very impressed with the handling and acceleration I had out of the curves. What a great day with a great car.

692A7083.jpg 692A7337.jpg imgl6044.jpg imgl6046.jpg imgl4130.jpg xIMG_4284.jpeg
    Your car looks BadAsp on those curves. Congrats on the big move! Best of luck to you.
    MKIV complete kit w/powder coating and cut outs, serial #9189 delivered 10/10/17, first start - 10/5/18, legal - 10/08/20. Blueprint 306 w/Holley Sniper EFI, TKO 600, power steering, Breeze fan shroud, trunk cubby, & engine compartment battery kit, CNC brake reservoirs, RT turn signal & gas pedal, mechanical throttle linkage, METCO safety loop, GASN side pipes, drop trunk, dual chrome roll bars, vintage gauges, glove box, custom center console, cup holders, and speakers.

16. Likes BadAsp427 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cc2Arider View Post
    Very Nice!

Thanks,
    Craig C
    Thanks. And Jeff response is correct.

18. Thanks cc2Arider thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like

15,000 Miles, Looking Great and driving fantastic

Well I know I have not been on the forums much lately, but that doesn't mean I'm not lurking around and even driving around. The other day while visiting a friend about an hours drive from home, I decided to take the Mk4 out for a fun drive. I arrived and visited my friend and as I was leaving, I happen to look down and there it was.... 15,000 miles on the odometer. The BluePrint Engines 347 is running fantastic (only about 5000 miles on it) The car handles like it did when I built it. I inspected a few things the other day on the front and rear suspension and did not find anything of concern. Overall, I love this car. I love driving it and I LOVE the fact that I BUILT IT...
    15000 mile.jpeg Smokey Mountains Drive.jpeg

20. Likes Railroad, RJD, RBachman liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    That didn’t take long at all! Seems like just the other day you were graduating your build

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112