Ok, so I know there are several different fixes for the Clutch Pedal and Chassis interference in the pedal box. I have read many of them and was convinced that there was no way that FFR would send out a kit that would have this problem and I just knew I would put mine together and not have any issue... LOL... I was wrong... So, taking what I had learned from many of you, I came up with a fix that I believe is perfect. I also believe in what EdwardB said yesterday about this being up in the bowels of the pedal box and will never be seen. But I still wanted it to be strong and be a clean modification. Here is what I did.

To start with, I identified just exactly where the pedal hit the 3/4" tubing. Then I drew a line that was parallel to the swing of the pedal. I then determined where I was going to bolt on my 1/4" thick x 3/4" wide and 4" long patch bar and drilled the patch bar, then used the bar as the template to mark the 3/4 bar. I then drilled out the 3/4" bar while it was all still connected. I wanted the firm rigid bar rather than after I cut it trying to drill it if there was flex. I then created a paper floor pan to catch the clippings and metal shavings as I used an angle grinder and hack saw to to the deed. I then cleaned up the 3/4" tubing, and the patch bar and put it all together. I used 1/4" x 3/4" long bolts with lock nuts. I used a small magnet to hold the nut inside the tube while I started the bolt into the threads. Then, I jammed a large flat screwdriver in between the side of the nut and the tube and was able to tighten them down. Shot some gray metallic paint on all of it and there you have it.

IMG_0305.jpg IMG_0308.jpg IMG_0311.JPG IMG_0312.JPG IMG_0316.JPG IMG_0320.JPG IMG_0324.jpg IMG_1403.jpg IMG_1404.jpg IMG_1405.jpg