Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  38
Likes Likes:  152

Thread: Carl's 20th Anniversary #8690 - Graduated... 15,000 miles

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Carl's 20th Anniversary #8690 - Graduated... 15,000 miles

Hello All, So I figured I better get this thread started before I get really into it and get behind!!!

So, if you've seen any of my previous posts, I had ordered a roadster from FF and was anxiously awaiting Sep 15th to get here as that was the expected kit completion date. On the same day that I placed that order, I also contacted Blueprint Engines and ordered my 347ci Carb motor and transmission. Blueprint also gave me a date of Sept 15th as their completion date. So, the "big" orders are done and out of the way, now I have 45 days +/- to get my garage ready. The preparation of my garage is documented on a couple of my other threads. Then, a post popped up on Facebook on the Factory Five Cars Rule page that 20th Anniversary MK4 was available and since the decision to get a roadster was done, it only became a matter of do I want to stick with my current order that included every upgrade except wilwood, that FF had to offer at 50% off .... or .... go with the 20th Anniversary option. My decision was difficult as the 20th was actually going to cost me about $3k more than my maxed out order at FF. I spent nearly an hour on the phone with FF discussing the actual order that delivered the 20th to it's original owner and comparing what I would be or not be getting. The list was short... I would not be getting the 2nd roll bar, power steering, trunk opening hinges & brake duct screen. But I would be gaining the 20th Kit... Decision made, and on 8/18/18 I traveled with truck and trailer to Raleigh NC, about 275 miles and picked up my #8690 Asp... number 8 of the 20, 20th Anniversary kits sold 3 years ago.

My build plans are as follows,

Mk4 with all the 20th Anniversary Kit Upgrades : Learn More Here

347ci Carberated Blueprint Motor with TKO 600 Transmission: Learn More Here

Heater/Defroster option

Modification I'm Planning Currently (Of course I'm always seeing other cool thing and this list may change)
    - Drop Trunk
    - EPAS Electric Power Steering
    - Cubby Hole between seats
    - Drop Battery in trunk area
    - Heated Seats
    - Hidden Bluetooth Audio system (maybe)
    And as I said, I'm sure I will see other cool options

So I'm going to end this post with this information and I'll get my build started in following entries.

I'm using this photo as my goal and final planned look for my build, it is a large poster that will soon be on the wall of my garage...
    The Planned Look for my 20th Anniversary #8690.JPG

This photo added on 12/24/20 to show the final look, compared to my original plan.
    IMG_1247.jpg
    Last edited by BadAsp427; 12-24-2020 at 05:04 AM. Reason: Added the final photo

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

2. Likes doddmoore liked this post