Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Any issues with rear brakes?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I solved the tight rotor issue. Old forum suggestion was screwing the pistons clockwise with a needle nosed pliers. You would think they would be all the way retracted, but no. Half a turn was all it took. The rubber boot was stuck to the piston and I didn't want to tear it in the twisting, as another poster had done. I put a little WD40 on the boot and it then slipped with the piston rotation. Test fitting on the rotor showed problem solved.

Now, on to the emergency brake cable routing, which seems to have changed from the Beta manual pictures. I didn't get the bracket to mount to frame near the brake handle. And, I see there is a two holed plate welded to the frame back at the bottom of the rear bulkhead panel. Assuming that is where the cables run through.

Ralph
    Last edited by rponfick; 08-28-2018 at 09:33 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rponfick View Post

Now, on to the emergency brake cable routing, which seems to have changed from the Beta manual pictures. I didn't get the bracket to mount to frame near the brake handle. And, I see there is a two holed plate welded to the frame back at the bottom of the rear bulkhead panel. Assuming that is where the cables run through.

Ralph
    Yes, you go hard line from the rear calipers and then the spring clips secure those hard lines to the 2-holed metal plate at the rear floor of the cab. Then it's just open cables to the passenger front where your handle will eventually grab them. I would just zip-tie those aside until much later in the build. Glad you got the calipers figured out.