BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Brake Pedal Question on Master Clyinder & Spacers

Post Thanks / Like

Brake Pedal Question on Master Clyinder & Spacers

I bought a Mark IV completed however the brakes really suck and the pedal is close to the floor. I am looking at the pedal and in it's current position I can pull it up about 3" until it hits the stop on the pedal box, I happen to have the build manual and it says for people 6' to use the supplied spacers on the MC, well this one has three spacers between the footbox and the MC, I'm thinking by removing the spacers it will raise the pedal. Is this accurate or am I way off base.
    Thanks Don

Post Thanks / Like
    Would help to know which pedal box you have. Based on your description, sounds like a Mustang donor box versus the Wilwood pedal box. But not going to assume anything. The advice would be very different between the two.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    I've got the Mustang donor box and followed the instructions and added the spacers as I'm 6'3". Really didn't work out and took all the spacers out. Better, but I'm not on the road and been at the build awhile, so I'll let others add their experiences.

Post Thanks / Like
    I allso am 6'2" and added the spacers when i built my car, i had to order an adjustable rod for between the pedal and the master, made a world of differance.
    Walt
    FFR8237 Donor build 89 GT , MK 4 , T5 , 17 " hallibrands 9" front 10.5 rear ,4×4 headers stainless mufflers, dual chrome roll bars, coil overs all 4,A/C and heater , soft top, 3:55 gears.

Post Thanks / Like
    It is the mustang pedal box, I pulled off the spacers (3) and re-mounted the master cylinder and the pedal is now where it should be!
    Don