FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Well I went and and did it

Post Thanks / Like

Well I went and and did it

Placed my order for my MK4 last week and received a completion date of Sept. 15. Really been wanting one of these awesome cars for 30 years at least. Feel like a little kid on Christmas eve.. This forum has helped me already in making several choices. Ordered the complete kit and the coyote engine and tko600 combo from FFR. No racing in my future (been there done that) but want to build a fast, fun, good looking car. I'm looking forward to the build process. Being retired it will fill my time with a really enjoyable process. I know I will continue to use this forum as the very valuable resource it is.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Welcome To The Insanity & The Factory Five Forum Family!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome 65kid, I'm retired also and am about 75% through a Mk4 build. It is worth every penny.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Awesome congrats and Welcome.
    What other options are you planning on? Any idea on the color scheme?
    MK4 #8900 - complete kit - Coyote, TKO600, IRS - Delivered 6/28/16 First Start 10/6/16 Go cart - 10/16/16 Build completed - 4/26/17 - 302 days to build my 302 CI Coyote Cobra - Registered and street legal 5/17/17
    Build Thread http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...e-build-thread
    PHIL 4:13 INSTAGRAM - @scottsrides

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations, 65kid. I am definitely envious. Have fun and I look forward to watching your progress on your build thread.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats and Welcome!
    Dave
    Mk 3.1 - #6882 - 5.0L 302 - FiTech EFI - 3-Link - 3.08 Ratio - 15" Wheels
    Greenhorn and doing the best I can
    My photos are at: My Flickr acct
    Videos are at: YouTube Videos

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats! You’re in for a fun time.
    Kyle

Complete Kit pickup 09/05/2015, 351w, QF680, 3.55, 3-Link, 15" Halibrands with MT's, Painted Viking blue with Wimbledon white stripes on 03/15/2017. Sold in 08/2018 and totally regret it.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!

Interesting on the rapid build date. I ordered mine a month ago, and my build date was only a week sooner. I don't know what FFR's normal order rates are like, but that would make me think it slowed down in the past month.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome neighbor. I'm sure it will be a fun time. It is for me.

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome and congrats on your order. The Coyote should be a lot of fun for you.
    Gen III Type 65 Coupe Delivered 6/26/2018

Post Thanks / Like
    65kid, I saw in your profile that you saw the FFR booth at Oshkosh. I went there for the first time this year. Will definitely go back.
    In fact, I 'worked' the FFR booth on Sunday. Actually, I didn't work it at all. It was more like free parking right in the middle of the show. Ha. I just drove my roadster to the front gate early Sunday morning and told them I was a part of the FFR booth. They waived me right in and the guys from FFR let me park the car right in-line with their display. Maybe I talked to you Sunday if you were there.
    Enjoy the build. I'd love to do another one some day. These things are so addicting.
    Craig

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks everybody for the warm welcome. Just got my what to expect letter today and I have to say how impressed I am with Factory five, Every step so far in this process has been handled with friendly professionalism I'm impressed. If the kit is as good as the people working with me it its really going to be fun building this car. I was at OSH from saturday to thursday, being going there 18 years and counting. Building cars and planes seems to be a common thread with several folks I guess we just like to build interesting machines. Built my plane and have worked on several others now its time to build a great car. This is what I ordered;

Mk IV complete kit
    coyote engine
    tko 600 trans and assembly
    IRS
    leather seats
    power steering
    Halibrands
    heater defroster
    wind wing
    sun visors
    swaybars
    crome rollbars
    leather steering wheel

Thank goodness for the summer sale -George

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats and have fun!

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like

Congratulations to the new owner.

Quote Originally Posted by KDubU View Post
    Congrats! You’re in for a fun time.
    KDubU sorry to see your post that you just sold your mk4..... I bought a FFR MK4 yesterday and I live in Kennebunk ME.... I will be finding an engine and tranny and all the associated parts. Any sources you suggest in Maine?
    Rand

Post Thanks / Like
    Oshkosh was great this year! My red roadster was in the booth! With over 55k miles of smiles on it, it was the beater of the bunch! Welcome to the clan... your gonna love it! Pass me the Koolaid!
    Last edited by steno; 08-31-2018 at 09:32 AM.
    FFR 5136 Started as a donor...donor guages, engine, trans,etc. Now...TFS street intake,stage 1 cam, GT40p's,24# injectors and 80mm MAF,70mm TB,Z-spec t-5, and PSE Halibrand wrapped with Nitto 555 G2’s. My ever evolving dream car!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by steno View Post
    Oshkosh was great this year! My red roadster was in the booth! With over 55k miles of smiles on it, it was the beater of the bunch! Welcome to the clan... your gonna love it! Pass me the Koolaid!
    I was looking over yours at Osh, it was very nice. The guys at the booth pointed to it as an example of a what you could do as a donor build since that's what I was more interested in. I got to sit in the black one (on the opposite end of the booth from your car) which confirmed the ergonomics will work for me, that was part of my concern as well.

Osh was fun this year, although I flew up for the day, had a meeting there for my day job.