BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Gel Coat Repair Kit

Post Thanks / Like

Gel Coat Repair Kit

Does anyone happen to have a white gel coat repair kit that they can send me the information from so I can purchase one. Factory Five stopped carrying the white repair kits and a red repair kit will just make the kit look worse than it already is.
    -Jason

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Look at West Marine if you have one near your home or check out there website.

https://www.westmarine.com/gelcoat-repair/_/N-1z13gvb

Good Luck!
    Last edited by GoDadGo; 08-29-2018 at 03:35 PM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh no, FFR stopped the white repair kit! I have a white repair kit but I'm not willing to let it go because I still use it. I've bought other stuff from West Marine but I don't see white gel coat there. If you can't find any gel coat in the correct white color, then you could patch with any other color and then paint over it. I took a piece of the white fiberglass to a paint shop that specializes in custom car paints. They matched the white color then sold me spray cans that match perfectly. You might look for a shop like that in your area. If that's not possible, you can order paint from my guy here in Arizona to ship to Texas.
    818S/C : Chassis #25 with 06 WRX 2.5 turbo, ABS, cruise, PS, A/C, Apple CarPlay, rear camera, power windows & locks, leather & other complexities. Sold 10/19 with 5,800 miles.
    Mk3 Roadster #6228 4.6L, T45, IRS, PS, PB, ABS, Cruise, Koni's, 17" Halibrands, red w/ silver - 9K miles then sold @ Barrett-Jackson Jan 2011 (got back cash spent).

Post Thanks / Like
    I’ll have to look into that. Is there anything on the FFR kit that says who makes it or anything?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by EODTech87 View Post
    I’ll have to look into that. Is there anything on the FFR kit that says who makes it or anything?
    You can buy white gel coat from Fibre Glast on the web.
    Part number 682/69A is a 1 qt kit with hardner. $42.95. Smallest one they have. Get their catalog. They have everything. Just got my order today with 7725 cloth and vinyl ester resin, best for our
    cars. They have custom colors with 900 options. Can also add flake or pearl.

Hope this helps.

Post Thanks / Like
    There are a number of videos on YouTube on this subject , here is a good site on a lot of fiberglass subjects....

https://www.boatworkstoday.com/videos/

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by frankc5r View Post
    You can buy white gel coat from Fibre Glast on the web.
    Part number 682/69A is a 1 qt kit with hardner. $42.95. Smallest one they have. Get their catalog. They have everything. Just got my order today with 7725 cloth and vinyl ester resin, best for our
    cars. They have custom colors with 900 options. Can also add flake or pearl.

Hope this helps.
    Thank you for the response. I'm mainly worried about the color being so far off that it sticks out from even far away. I know the body will never be show car quality without paint but I'd like it to at least look good from 10-20 feet until I can save up to get it painted.

Quote Originally Posted by flynntuna View Post
    There are a number of videos on YouTube on this subject , here is a good site on a lot of fiberglass subjects....

https://www.boatworkstoday.com/videos/
    I'll check them out. Thank you.
    -Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    I bet if you call Fiber Glast they will send to a sample of the white gel coat to check color match for free or just postage. ph:800-214-8568 8am to 7pm M-F in Ohio.