FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Headers.... I need some, have some!!!

Post Thanks / Like

Headers.... I need some, have some!!!

Ok, so I just got off the phone with FF and found out that the Hooker headers that I received with my 20th Aniversary kit have been discontinued. These headers are for a 351W and my engine that I have ordered is a 347 from BluePrint. The original plan was that I would swap them with FF for 302 headers, but because they are no longer using them, they will not exchange them for me.

Does anyone have a good source for Mk4 headers connecting to the FF SS Sidepipes? Anyone need a set of headers for a 351W for a Mk4?

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600
    Carb/Heater/Heated Seats/Cruise Control/Drop Trunk & Battery/Custom Cubby

Post Thanks / Like
    That isn't good, I need a set of headers for a 351w but I am up in Canada, not so easy for me to get them from you . Are they not supplying 351w headers at all anymore or have they just changed suppliers?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by BadAsp427 View Post
    Does anyone have a good source for Mk4 headers connecting to the FF SS Sidepipes?
    Unless you find someone who wants to swap their 302 headers for your 351 ones your choices are FFR and Gas-N.

Jeff

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SDhemmings View Post
    That isn't good, I need a set of headers for a 351w but I am up in Canada, not so easy for me to get them from you . Are they not supplying 351w headers at all anymore or have they just changed suppliers?
    They have a new supplier. It is not easy to ship to Canada? I'd be happy to work with you. These are in the box and in fact, the box has never been opened since it was shipped to the original owner of this kit. Since I knew that I can not use them, I have not opened the box either.

I believe these are the ones that I have: http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/16440-351-header/
    Last edited by BadAsp427; 08-30-2018 at 09:38 PM.

Mk4 20th Anniversary #8690 (#8 of 20) Purchased 8/18/18----Build Started 8/19/18
    Build Thread Click Here / Registry Entry Click Here / BluePrint Engines 347ci / TKO600

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeff Kleiner View Post
    Unless you find someone who wants to swap their 302 headers for your 351 ones your choices are FFR and Gas-N.

Jeff
    I'm in contact with GASN, Georgie... That's who you are talking about correct....

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by SDhemmings View Post
    I'm sure it's just those headers that are not available anymore. They still sell the 351W headers.
    Higgy
    New MK4 kit ordered, promised date 04/13/24
    MK4 #10616 picked up 4/10/23!!!
    302w, 4 link, 17's, dual roll bar SOLD
    MK4 #9759 picked up on 4/3/19
    351C, 3 link, 17's, dual roll bars SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    Can't you get the BBK 302 headers from FFR anymore?

http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/14858-302-headers/
    FFR6803RD, MK 3.1, 302 EFI, fr/rr disc brakes, WC-T5, c/w Hurst Competition Plus shifter, 3 link rear, Koni adjustable coil over shocks, dual roll bars, BBK 4-4 headers, 3.55 rear gears, BBK rear lower control arms c/w poly bushings. Ivy Green Metallic Arrived-02/08, On road 09/2010

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AC Bill View Post
    Can't you get the BBK 302 headers from FFR anymore?

http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/14858-302-headers/
    I'm not sure about these headers part # 14858... The invoice FFR sent me yesterday is part # 16294 as the header they are now selling.

Post Thanks / Like
    They have a new supplier. It is not easy to ship to Canada? I'd be happy to work with you. These are in the box and in fact, the box has never been opened since it was shipped to the original owner of this kit. Since I knew that I can not use them, I have not opened the box either.

I believe these are the ones that I have: http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/16440-351-header/
    BadAasp, Hey no problem, maybe send me a PM with what you want for them, I am more worried about any customs issues more than anything else. I will look into shipping.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey BadAsp, Just to weigh in with some BPE insider info...you'll want to get the new 302 headers from Factory Five. Their new headers are made to fit BPE's heads. The exhaust mounting location is slightly different on our performance heads as compared to Ford's stock heads. This is pretty common change among performance head manufacturers, because to squeeze more power from the heads we need to raise the ports slightly. The change doesn't make much difference in a Mustang or a Bronco, since the headers stay tucked in next to the engine. But when you have them on a Cobra, where the exhaust goes all the way out to the edge of the car, the small change is multiplied several times over. If you don't use FFRs headers you will have issues with the exhaust headers not lining up properly with the openings in the body. I know that Papa ran into issues. I believe he had some custom headers made by another manufacturer, so that would be another option.
    Last edited by Yama-Bro; 08-31-2018 at 02:06 PM.
    Started dreaming of a Cobra around 1987
    Purchased Complete Kit 6/9/2017, Delivered 9/4/2017, Rolling Chassis 3/30/2018, Engine Dyno'ed 3/4/2022, Engine installed 8/27/2022
    Click here for my build thread
    Serial #9158
    Design Engineer at BluePrint Engines

Post Thanks / Like
    Sent you a PM, I have a set made by Stainless Headers.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Joe Campbell View Post
    Sent you a PM, I have a set made by Stainless Headers.
    Stainless Headers no longer builds headers, but only offers kits & tools that allow you to build your own. They will direct you to GP Headers if you want a set made for you.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    BadAsp, I may be the person you're looking for. I have a set of 302 4-4 Gas-N headers that were sent to me by mistake... I have a 351. Georgie said they cant use them anymore and that I may keep them, put em on a shelf, make art, whatever. Now these did not fit my 351 based engine very well at all and were hitting on engine mounts and I opened up the head mount bolt holes a little... nothing that should affect serviceability. Engine was never run through these.

I'm willing to get these to you for shipping only. I have a set of Gas-N 351 4-4 headers for my car, but am willing to see if the F5 headers are better.

Wanna trade?

[edit] I now see that your cylinder heads have altered or relocated ports. I've been informed by Georgie that my Gas-N 302 headers will not fit your engine. Sorry... [/edit]
    Last edited by Boydster; 09-01-2018 at 08:33 AM.
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydster View Post
    BadAsp, I may be the person you're looking for. I have a set of 302 4-4 Gas-N headers that were sent to me by mistake... I have a 351. Georgie said they cant use them anymore and that I may keep them, put em on a shelf, make art, whatever. Now these did not fit my 351 based engine very well at all and were hitting on engine mounts and I opened up the head mount bolt holes a little... nothing that should affect serviceability. Engine was never run through these.

I'm willing to get these to you for shipping only. I have a set of Gas-N 351 4-4 headers for my car, but am willing to see if the F5 headers are better.

Wanna trade?

[edit] I now see that your cylinder heads have altered or relocated ports. I've been informed by Georgie that my Gas-N 302 headers will not fit your engine. Sorry... [/edit]
    Well ok then.... I was reading along and getting very excited... I'm in contact with Georgie as well... I wonder if that is why he said they wont fit...???? Thanks for thinking of me...

Now, if you are interested in the headers I have, I would be willing to sell them as I need to get the funds to help pay for the new set from Georgie. These are what I have now... Brand new, in the unopened box... http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/16440-351-header/
    Last edited by BadAsp427; 09-01-2018 at 09:53 AM.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well ok then.... I was reading along and getting very excited... I'm in contact with Georgie as well... I wonder if that is why he said they wont fit...???? Thanks for thinking of me...

Now, if you are interested in the headers I have, I would be willing to sell them as I need to get the funds to help pay for the new set from Georgie. These are what I have now... Brand new, in the unopened box... http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/16440-351-header/
    When it was looking at a straight up trade, I was excited too. Just to compare the Gas-N's 351's to FFR's 351's. Not that I'm unhappy with what I have... I was just looking to compare and this wouldnt have cost anything.

I'm good as far as buying your set. I dont need to spend the $ just to look... Thanks!!
    ---Boyd---
    MkIV #9042 build thread
    www.boss427.us
    427W, TKO600, Moser 3.55 rear.
    Delivered Feb 2017, Graduated Nov 4, 2019

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Boydster View Post
    When it was looking at a straight up trade, I was excited too. Just to compare the Gas-N's 351's to FFR's 351's. Not that I'm unhappy with what I have... I was just looking to compare and this wouldnt have cost anything.

I'm good as far as buying your set. I dont need to spend the $ just to look... Thanks!!
    Boyd,

Back when I was working with Georgie to resolve my fitment problems, he bought and shipped a set of the new FFR BBK 351 headers to me to try. They fit perfectly. The only thing I didn't care for was the 2" bolt spacing vs. the 3". The 2" spacing does allow for a nice high arch between the cylinders to make it very easy to get to the plugs and to pull and replace the plug wires. Our heads have both, so the FFR headers will definitely work. I ended up going with another brand more for the double collector than anything else.

Dave
    Last edited by Papa; 09-02-2018 at 07:04 PM.
    My Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...ter-Build-9754
    (Most viewed Roadster build thread on this forum!)

Delivered: 6/17/2017
    First Start: 12/30/2017
    Completed: 12/7/2019
    Legal: 1/30/2020

Member of the Mile-Hi Cobra Club
    Dave's Cobra YouTube Channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCbk...npK1UZHj4R-bYQ
    Agora 1:8 Scale Cobra Build: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...l-Build-Thread