Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Delivery Question

Post Thanks / Like

Delivery Question

So I should be taking delivery from Stewarts in a week or so. I have a scissor lift that I want to use instead of jack stands during the build. How can I get the frame and body from the Stewarts dolly onto the scissor lift? I'm assuming it will arrive during the day so my friends will all be working and my boys in school, so lifting it with 2 people is probably out of the question. Any ideas? Thanks.

Gary

Post Thanks / Like
    Mine arrived at 8pm on a Sunday.

A medium size floor jack will most likely do the job.

3. Thanks gkp200 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    If I remember correctly, the Stewart driver rolled the frame/body into the garage on his dolly and we put it up on jack stands so he could remove the dolly. I recall that my driver (don't remember his name) lifted each end so we could position the stands underneath. That said, I offer this idea: if you have jack stands, put it on them first as it's an easy transition. If not, use blocks of wood. Then once the dolly is out of the way, you can position your scissor lift underneath. Would that work?
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

5. Thanks gkp200 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    The problem is the scissor lift is wider than the 4 inch rails of the frame. Maybe I will put it on jack stands and then put it on the lift when I have people available to lift.

Post Thanks / Like
    Sent you a PM

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Put some 2x4's across the lift.

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    My 33' is ON ITS WAY now also. They say about 10 days to SoCal. I will be doing this in my Back garage which has a gravel driveway not concrete. I don't know if the Dolly wheels will roll on gravel... If not I may try to get the driver to just put in in the bed of my pick up and drive it back there and unload with My hoist. Kind of nervous about delivery but can't wait either.

Super Moderator
    Post Thanks / Like
    Where in So-Cal are you?

Ray
    I'm not getting gray, I'm adding chrome....

“Under-steer is when you hit the wall with the front of the car and over-steer is when you hit the wall with the rear of the car. Horsepower is how fast you hit the wall and torque is how far you take the wall with you.”
    -- Jacques Schnauzee "World Famous Racecar Driver"

"If you can make black marks on a straight from the time you turn out of a corner until the braking point of the next turn, then you have enough horsepower."--Mark Donohue

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Sunny Yucaipa off 10 Frwy a little east of Redlands.

Post Thanks / Like
    Hey gkp200 (Gary) and OnlyAndy,

I too have my FFR car (Type 65 Coupe), my first, on the Stewart truck supposedly traveling right now across the country. I'm in Scottsdale, AZ and earlier this week, Stewart Transport was saying that the truck is driving straight from Wareham to Phoenix, their home base and then my car will be the first unloaded early next week. Then the truck will go to Calif., etc. for further deliveries. I'll post notice of my car's delivery the same day on my FFR build forum (Bob's Arizona Gen 3 Coupe build thread). So keep your eyes open.

We should find out who's cars are being delivered and have a "FFR Delivery Club" of sorts (Sept 2018 Western Deliveries?) and follow each other's progress, trials, tribulations, completions and FUN. Our craziness is just about to start guys!!

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    When my Mk4 was delivered 3/17 Stewart had a dolly with baloon tires I'm sure it would roll fine on gravel.
    JR
    Mk4 complete kit #9059 ordered 1/19/17 delivered 3/23/17, 2015 IRS, Fortes/DART347,TKO 600, hyd clutch, P/S, 12.88 wilwood brakes front and rear, heater/defrost and vintage gauges
    First start and go-cart 4/11/18. Taken To Whitby Motorcars Greensboro, N.C. 2/5/21 for body/paint

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good news Bob, they told me 33' was on a "transfer" trailer to Phoenix then cross load to a boom trailer for delivery, Yes, I bet both cars are on same truck.... Jrcuz, thx for this comment. Have about 100+ feet of gravel to back garage... One way or another its GOING Back there.