Boig Motorsports

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: 4 Link Rear Axle Caliper Brackets confusion

Post Thanks / Like

4 Link Rear Axle Caliper Brackets confusion

Did you ever see Beetlejuice? The ghost couple couldn't figure out the 'Handbook for the Recently Deceased'. That's how I feel reading the FFR manual. Anyway, kidding aside, I bought the Moser rebuilt rear end from FFR with my kit. I also bought the 11.65 rear brake package from FFR. I purchased and installed the 7106 Moser cover (Summit Racing) and replaced the ugly chrome one. Now I'm on to the brake installation starting with the Caliper Brackets. Dan's video (FFR) shows him removing each axle to install the caliper brackets. When I looked for what came with my kit, I was relieved to see the open end brackets. I guess I don't have to remove the axles. However, my brackets (pictured below) are in 4 pieces. I can't find a single picture or drawing about how to orient, stack, or install these brackets. Any help would be very much appreciated. I would hate to wing it and get it wrong.

PS. I have been looking through posts and I see some calipers are mounted on the lower part of the rotor and some are higher. Adds to my confusion. Thanks.
    20180901_125110_resized.jpg20180901_125051_resized.jpg
    Dan

Post Thanks / Like
    I feel like this was in the back of the manual for optional rear brakes and showed putting the brackets together. I have the same brakes but got them and different brackets from fortes.
    Caliper should be above the axle, I have 3 link and mounted them forward of the axle, not sure what the 4 link setup requires.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NA5KAR View Post
    Did you ever see Beetlejuice? The ghost couple couldn't figure out the 'Handbook for the Recently Deceased'. That's how I feel reading the FFR manual. Anyway, kidding aside, I bought the Moser rebuilt rear end from FFR with my kit. I also bought the 11.65 rear brake package from FFR. I purchased and installed the 7106 Moser cover (Summit Racing) and replaced the ugly chrome one. Now I'm on to the brake installation starting with the Caliper Brackets. Dan's video (FFR) shows him removing each axle to install the caliper brackets. When I looked for what came with my kit, I was relieved to see the open end brackets. I guess I don't have to remove the axles. However, my brackets (pictured below) are in 4 pieces. I can't find a single picture or drawing about how to orient, stack, or install these brackets. Any help would be very much appreciated. I would hate to wing it and get it wrong.

PS. I have been looking through posts and I see some calipers are mounted on the lower part of the rotor and some are higher. Adds to my confusion. Thanks.
    20180901_125110_resized.jpg20180901_125051_resized.jpg
    Dan
    Try this link Dan

http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/cont...ions-rev-c.pdf

Comes from the FF parts web site, under the heading of instructions at the top. Lots of good direct links to stages of the builds there.
    Higgy
    New MK4 kit ordered, promised date 04/13/24
    MK4 #10616 picked up 4/10/23!!!
    302w, 4 link, 17's, dual roll bar SOLD
    MK4 #9759 picked up on 4/3/19
    351C, 3 link, 17's, dual roll bars SOLD

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HiggyMK4#???? View Post
    Try this link Dan

http://www.factoryfiveparts.com/cont...ions-rev-c.pdf

Comes from the FF parts web site, under the heading of instructions at the top. Lots of good direct links to stages of the builds there.
    Higgy
    Higgy ... You are a LIFESAVER! This is exactly what I need.. Thanks a million.

5. Likes Higgybulin liked this post