Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Fixes and Changes: two questions

Post Thanks / Like

Fixes and Changes: two questions

I finally had a day to spend on the build. It's been almost a month! Whatever.

Here's the first challenge (fix). After a few starts, I noticed that the drive belt is slipping off the PS pump. Put it back in place and ran it a few more times. Here's a photo:

It's coming off again. Apparently, the pump pulley is not in line with the rest of the pulleys. I can see two ways to fix it: move the pump, or move the pulley. I'm thinking that moving the pulley out on the shaft might be easier. Any advice/thoughts/ideas on this?

Next up - I'm re-doing my fuel system. One of these days I'll get my build log up to date so you can see (if you're interested) the whole backstory. In any event, I ripped out the old system...

and am replacing the whole thing with 3/8 inch braided hose with AN-6 fittings. I hate to think about how long it took to put in the original and all the pain and suffering locating odd sized hard line connectors. No more 5/16 and 1/4 for me. Here's the current issue. The return connection on the fuel pump (tank) measures 1/4 inch. So, I got a 1/4 quick disconnect to AN-6 fitting.

But.... the 1/4 fitting won't go on. Here's the question: is this a 5/16 inch fitting on the tank even though the "pipe" measures 1/4, or is there something else going on here (i.e. operator error)?
    Mk IV Roadster - #8650 - delivered 7-17-2015 - first start 7-28-2018 - first go-kart 10-13-2018 - licensed and on the road 9-9-19: body/paint completed 3-17-2020.
    Complete kit / 2015 Coyote / TKO600 / IRS / Wilwood brakes / Mid-Shift mod / Power Steering / Heater and Seat Heaters / RT turn signal / Breeze radiator shroud and mount

Post Thanks / Like
    Anyone know how to set the location of the PS pump pulley ? Trial and error? Seems like a strange design.

Post Thanks / Like
    I generally use something similar to a yard stick.Lay it against the front of the crank pulley and the other end across the other pulleys one at a time. You do need to compensate some for different width of outer lips on different pulleys but but there you are usually getting down to 1/16 inch variance.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Makes sense.
    Thanks!