Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  5
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Engine stalling

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

Engine stalling

Well as usual the closer you get, there will be another curve ball!!

Last week I installed all the gauges and wanted to take the car out on my road in the dark, so I could check if all the gauges worked and if my lights were set properly. The car started up but wouldn’t idle unless I kept my foot on the gas.
    It would stall, and would turn over but I could not start it again.
    Took out the plugs and they were black. Cleaned them all up and tried again.
    Same ritual, and it took me another try to get it running long enough to get it back in the garage. Luckily it was nice day.
    I thought that since the car has not driven much I should put in new spark plugs.
    Did that yesterday, and the same ritual repeated itself. Then I got a bright moment and thought that the oxygen sensor in the exhaust is probably fauled too. Cleaned it and repeat behavior.
    Took all the plugs out again and cleaned them ( they were black again), gapped them to 0.055, and cleaned the oxygen sensor.
    Same happened again!! So now I’m ready to cry, uhm wait..... uhm very frustrated I mean.
    I have a fast EZ EFI system. Did the Calibration and increased idle to 1,100 rpm but that didn’t do the trick either.
    Fuel pressure is 40PSI on the gauge.
    Exhaust is dark, and when it failes to restart smoke comes out of the valve cover vent.
    What am I missing?

Thanks,

John
    Last edited by John Dol; 09-03-2018 at 11:22 AM.
    Finished the "My Coupe, my way" project.

http://s956.photobucket.com/albums/ae46/jdcoupe1969/
    Coupe #386,17" Team III 245 FR 315 RR, 3-link, T5, 4 wheel disk, power brakes/steering. Sniper EFI
    First start Sept. 18 2013 First go kart Sept 19 2013