FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Visit to Factory Five (how I spent my summer vacation)

Post Thanks / Like

Visit to Factory Five (how I spent my summer vacation)

My girlfriend Jody and I drove my Hot Rod #304 710 miles from Vermilion Ohio to Factory five. We arrived Friday afternoon and got to spend some time Talking to Dave Smith, Tony, Maddog, Dan, Sally and a few of the other FFR employees. (sorry I cant remember all of the names) We got to see all of the cars and I might have set in both of the 35 trucks and drooled a little. Some of you may remember the story of how I ended up with #304 Memorial day weekend of 2017, I was fortunate enough to buy it from the original owner that had installed the steering, suspension and firewall and unfortunately life got in the way for 6 years. When I met Richard and Mary I thought I was just buying a project but instead I gained a great friendship, like so many on this forum it is just a really big family. They insisted we stay with them for the weekend instead of getting a hotel when they found out we were coming. We spent time together in the evenings and Jody and I went to Plymouth and Cape Cod on Saturday then we all went to a car show in Rhode Island on Sunday. I was again fortunate enough to win a cool trophy for Top Five. I took a picture of the rolling chassis in front of their house when I picked it up 15 months ago and I took a finished picture this weekend. It was a great feeling to take Richard for a ride in the car, I couldn't convince him to drive it, but he invited us to come back for another visit and promised to drive it when we return. Total of 1,687 miles for the round trip and the only problem was the trinary switch on the A/C quit on the ride home Monday. Did i mention Monday was the hottest day of the 5 days we were on the road? But we made it home safe and the car performed amazingly and averaged 23 MPG (not that I built it worried about mileage), oh and it did rain a few times on Monday. The car now has over 5,000 miles on it and im looking forward to many more road trips and lots of miles. Here are some of the pictures from the trip.
    IMG_2358.JPG IMG_2440.JPG IMG_2387.JPG IMG_6181.JPG IMG_2367.JPG IMG_2453.JPG
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

2. Likes David Hodgkins liked this post
    Webmaster, FFR
    Post Thanks / Like
    It was great to meet you and Jody the other week, and congratulations on your Top Five win at the RI Car Show! That's awesome! Glad you had a fun trip/summer vacation.
    Dave Lindsey
    FFR's Mad Dog

Post Thanks / Like
    Cool! Great story!
    Had to laugh at the picture in the rain. Been there.