BluePrint Engines

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Florida Registration Question - not FFR specific, but replica / kit related

Post Thanks / Like

Florida Registration Question - not FFR specific, but replica / kit related

A friend is looking at buying a used Lotus Super 7 replica that was initially titled in Florida and is now in a different state. Seller says he has a current title in his name from the new state - not Florida. What we're trying to find out is whether the car should have a Florida-assigned VIN stamped on the frame or a Florida decal somewhere on the car.

For those of you who have registered any of the FFR kits in Florida, did the state do any stamping or apply a decal to your frame?

If there is a decal they use, a pic would be greatly appreciated.
    Later,
    Chris

"There are no more monsters to fear, and so, we have to build our own."
    Mk3.1 #7074

Post Thanks / Like
    No vin or decal added to the frame. The FFR number that was already on the car was used as the vin.
    The state didnt even look at the car.

Dennis

Post Thanks / Like
    Hola Chris,
    I am in the same camp as d_gatorfan. I had my car registered ( Miami-Dade County) on 4/2015 and was not required to have a Florida-assigned VIN stamped on the frame or a Florida decal somewhere on the car. However, I have seen some photos of cars with a Florida assigned VIN decal attached to the frame. Not sure if that was a requirement before 2015 or if it's required now by the State of Florida.
    Herb
    Coupe # 622.