Ok guys. Was looking around for some Ford Performance 427 deals and I pulled the trigger on this:

Scheduled for Fri, Sep 14 12PM - 3PM
Track package
Ford M-6007-Z2427FFT Crate Engine
Sold by: Warehouse Deals, Inc.
$6,919.00
Condition: Used - Like New - Item will come in original packaging. Packaging will be damaged.

This was sold by Amazon and has a 30 day return policy on the engine if not as described, so I've got plenty of time to check it out. The "Used - Like New" description was defined "untouched item in perfect condition with absolutely no signs of wear...Item is suitable to be given as a "gift".

Thought what the heck. Let's see what it looks like when it gets here. These don't come with intakes, so it would be pretty obvious if the engine has ever been installed or run. Exhaust ports or mounting tabs would also be a tell tale sign. Anything else you guys can think of?

I won't be installing this for a few more months, so need to check it out pretty good. Ford Performance gives these engines 2 years or 30K mile warranties, and the warranty is transferrable. Any thoughts on that and how it would apply to this purchase? Not sure if Ford has one register their engine or not after purchase.