Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Divergent -- FFR 33 HR

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like

Divergent -- FFR 33 HR

Well Divergent took her first run on the highway today and is going to be on display at a local car show tomorrow. Not quite complete yet (are they ever really done?) but ready to start the test & adjust process. I believe this is the first NHRA 8.5-sec certified FFR car or truck `to be completed (there is another one being built).

She’s powered by the iconic SBC that displaces 385 cubic inches and couples 550 naturally aspirated horsepower through a 9” 4,500 RPM stall convertor to a drag race prepared manual two-speed trans based on the old Powerglide. She’s loud and in your face and barely street legal. When the trans brake releases it’s like being launched off a carrier. She’s all business where form follows function. A modern tribute to the 50’s & early 60’s when these cars were popular and ruled the streets.

Everything from the firewall rearward is custom fabrication with a custom offset parallel four-link suspension set-up for drag racing. But she’s designed to do more than just straight-line acceleration. The watts link, large brakes, and modular chassis can be set-up for autocross in a matter of a few hours. Change the wrinkle wall drag slicks to sticky track tires and she could weave through the cones with the best of them.

On paper she has the potential to run in the nines on the ¼-mile and mid nines with a 100-shot of nitrous. But theory doesn’t always pan out so we’ll see once she’s ready for the track perhaps later this month.

If you’re interested in what it took to build a street legal NHRA Super Pro drag car follow the link below.
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/album.php?albumid=1042

1.jpg2.jpg

2. Likes RuffShod liked this post
    Ol Skool
    Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats NAZ! I know your stoked to run it hard. Don't forget the tailhook for the other end of that Carrier landing. Be safe man.

Post Thanks / Like
    Oh, Hell yes!

Congrats. We are going to needs some videos....
    -Steve
    Mk IV #8901 - Complete kit, Coyote, TKO-600, IRS. Ordered 5/23/16, Delivered 7/14/16, First Start 8/13/17, First Go-Kart 10/22/17, Registered and Completed 10/18/18. Build Thread: http://thefactoryfiveforum.com/showt...V-Coyote-Build Graduation Thread: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...-Roadster-8901

Post Thanks / Like
    haha, awesome! nothing subtle about that!!
    James

FFR33 #997 (Gen1 chassis, Gen2 body), license plate DRIVE IT says it all! build thread
    My build: 350SBC, TKO600, hardtop, no fenders/hood, 32 grill, 3 link, sway bars, 355/30r19
    Previous cars: GTD40, Cobra, tubeframe 55 Chevy, 66 Nova, 56 F100

Post Thanks / Like
    There's a lot to like and learn form here, to say the least. Thanks for taking time to post all the photos and commentary.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the good read NAZ.
    I'm considering some spray on my '33, got to finish the build first.
    I've got a 2 stage port injected spray, 175HP setup, on my other car that I've been using for years.

Post Thanks / Like
    Well I put Divergent on display at one of Flagstaff's biggest car shows of the year even though she's not a "show car" (and not even finished) but she took the Best Ford award. There were some absolutely gorgeous Fords (as well as other makes) there. My car has a very spartan interior (it's all function and no fluff) so I thought she was blue jeans against prom queens but like a hot female in Daisy Duke shorts she demanded attention. Lots of people attracted to this FFR hot rod. Probably the last car show I ever enter as it's not really my thing but it was special when they called my name as the top Ford at the show. Kind of funny since the only thing on that car made by Ford is the rear axle housing. I met a couple of the FFR family, one nice local couple building a roadster and a fella that just completed a 33HR several months ago. It was fun talking the these folks as they know what it takes to build a car vs. writing a check for some cool car someone else built. Next is track time which is where she belongs.

9.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Awesome! Sub'ed for videos of her in action!
    -- Mike -- TxMike64 -- @TxMGarage
    Gen1.5 Hot Rod '33 #1094 (Stage 1) - 302/AOD '15 IRS - Quad Built - Build Thread

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats NAZ!!! The car looks amazing!! I'm looking forward Video from the track and some time slips.
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires.

Steve >> aka: GoDadGo
    Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
    Your Award Says It All!
    Congratulations!

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks all. Now I just need to finish her and hit the track. Stay tuned...

Post Thanks / Like
    Yeow!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
    Great job NAZ and congratulations!
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/