Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Squeaky Rear Suspension

Post Thanks / Like

Squeaky Rear Suspension

Hi guys just a general question, Do you all have squeaky rear suspensions? I have a MKIV with the IRS from TBird, the rear suspension was new not from a donor and it also has a sway bar. It squeaks to beat hell. I've had it looked at but apparently there are no lubrication point all heim joints and poly bushings.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by caesarmascetti View Post
    Hi guys just a general question, Do you all have squeaky rear suspensions? I have a MKIV with the IRS from TBird, the rear suspension was new not from a donor and it also has a sway bar. It squeaks to beat hell. I've had it looked at but apparently there are no lubrication point all heim joints and poly bushings.
    Probably the poly bushings. If they are dry and able to move around a bit, they squeak. Check your torque and ensure they are all tightened up. Energy Suspension has their own 'grease' that they suggest you use prior to assembly. Others have used teflon tape. Once they are on, not sure what you could use to quiet them down, short of disassembly and lubing. You could probably try and get some lube in their as is, but I would imagine its so tight, you would either get no or very short term benefit.
    Last edited by cv2065; 09-10-2018 at 07:07 AM.
    MKIV Roadster - #9380 - Complete Kit - Delivered 7/17/18 - SOLD 5/2023
    Build Thread #1: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...V-Build-Thread
    MKIV Roadster - #TBD - Complete Kit - Delivered 11/6/23 - In Progress
    Build Thread #2: https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...Build-Thread-2

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by cv2065 View Post
    Probably the poly bushings. If they are dry and able to move around a bit, they squeak. Check your torque and ensure they are all tightened up. Energy Suspension has their own 'grease' that they suggest you use prior to assembly. Others have used teflon tape. Once they are on, not sure what you could use to quiet them down, short of disassembly and lubing. You could probably try and get some lube in their as is, but I would imagine its so tight, you would either get no or very short term benefit.

Hmmm I wonder how important that rear bar really is?

Post Thanks / Like
    If they are squeaking, I'm guessing you didn't use the grease that come with the ploy bushings?

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by rich grsc View Post
    If they are squeaking, I'm guessing you didn't use the grease that come with the ploy bushings?

I purchased the car built, it was finished in 2013 so I have no idea if the grease was used or not