FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: photochop of stretched 818S

Post Thanks / Like

photochop of stretched 818S

I am looking to see if anyone has done a photochop or interetsed in doing it as I have an idea in mind for a project but am not very good at computer stuff to see what a car would look like with it stretched 8" between the door and front of the rear wheel (side vent area). if you have anything please let me know thanks

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone was actually building one that was 4" longer. Also was doing a completely custom metal body.

https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...e-the-hard-way
    -Jason

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the 818 could benefit from a stretch in three spots, between the front wheels and front firewall to accommodate larger wheels. The cockpit area to accommodate larger people. And the rear firewall to centreline of the rear axle to accommodate longer engines. So what are you thinking, 2jz or LS?
    Adam _____ Instagram @PopesProjects____ YouTube Channel
    818 SRX - #91
    Arrived 01/02/2014
    First Start 10/31/2016
    First Drive 05/22/2017
    Registered 10/25/2019 BRAP818

Banned
    Post Thanks / Like
    It'd make more sense to just move the front wheels forward. Then you'd get more leg room in the cabin and cut down the absurdly long front overhang that catches on everything (resulting in everyone jacking up ride-height more than they should have to.) You might lose some of the exotic car look for a taller front bumper but that's what current design trends are doing anyway.

Obviously "just moving the front wheels" is not a small job, but had it been done in the original design or a Gen-2 redesign the overall product would be much improved.

Also not sure what your plans are or if you're just fantasizing Lumpy but 8" is a lot. When OEMs make long wheel base versions of their sedans they're typically only stretched 4 or 5 inches.

Post Thanks / Like
    I think he mentioned going EV... so maybe room for batteries?