Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Different Engine Options for 818C

Post Thanks / Like

Different Engine Options for 818C

Hey guys,

So I'm new on the forums, but I've been researching build options for the 818C on the forums for quite a while now, and I didn't find much information on how I could turn the 818C into something a lot more special than it already is.

I love everything about the car except the engine, and I was contemplating putting a Honda K20Z3 with an adapter plate from Kennedy engineering to connect to the Subaru transaxle. I know there are limitations on size and everything, and it's pretty unrealistic, but I want to make my 818 different from the rest, like Frank818 did.

What do you guys think of my idea? What other engine options do you think I should explore?

---------------------------------------------------------------------------
    If you wanna know my preferences, I want something with either 3, 4 or 5 cylinders (maybe even a V4), with lots of aftermarket support, and maybe a good transaxle to go with it. Also I love VTEC so more Honda suggestions would be appreciated.

Please include engine dimensions, benefits and common issues with the engine, as well as possible N/A or bolt-on mods. I'm shooting for about 300 WHP, torque isn't too important, just something at least over 230 lbs/ft.
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------

Post Thanks / Like
    Someone recently posted about putting a K24 in an 818:
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...ight=honda+k24

There are numerous threads where people have posted dimensions of the engine bay, here's an example:
    https://thefactoryfiveforum.com/show...p-transmission

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks dude! That literally answered pretty much all my questions