Very Cool Parts

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  3
Likes Likes:  12

Thread: Schauby's 33 Build

Post Thanks / Like

Schauby's 33 Build

Well... My Hot Rod kit ships out 1st part of October. After years of saving and contemplating on how to do it with the limited space I have. I pulled the trigger. I'm looking to do a drivable build, stock 5.0 coyote with 6r80, IRS, hardtop, bike finders and A/C because C.A. heat can be brutal.

I picked up a 5.0 and 6r80 out of a 2014 mustang and started to do a minor inspection. pulling the valve covers and oil pan, and it looks like a little old lady just drove it to church on Sundays.BC9EED47-5C12-453C-99EB-61114F68C2DD (1).jpg

Now with all that out of the way I'm going fishing and waiting for the car to show up!!!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Schauby_16 View Post

Congratulations on ordering the 33. What part of the country you in?

So is that a Model T next to the engine?
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

3. Likes Schauby_16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I'm in Hanford C.A. and yes me and my grandpa built that about 20 years ago, back when in was about 14. also I don't know why the pic is sideways sorry lol

Post Thanks / Like
    So give us a picture of the Model T as well. That is my next project after the Hot Rod. My dad left me a '23 Model that has been in parts for the better part of 40 years. He always planned on building it after he retired but never was able to do it.
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations, the build is exciting and the community is great

7. Thanks Schauby_16 thanked for this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Mine is scheduled to ship around the same time, 6 Oct. Welcome to the club!!
    Steve

9. Thanks Schauby_16 thanked for this post
    Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome aboard, good luck, but most of all have fun!
    33' Hot Rod Coupe/Roadster (GEN 1), Fendered, Ford 302, 350hp, EFI, AOD, 4-Link, Double Adjustable Koni Coilovers, Split Rear Exhaust, Electric Power Steering, AC/Heat/Defrost, Moser 8.8"-3.55, Willwood Front/Rear Brakes, 18" x 8" Fronts/20" x 10" Rears, Ordered: 1.26.17, Arrived: 3.29.17, First Start: 7.2.18, Go Cart: 11.4.18 Paint/Body: 2.23.19, Back Home: 11.24.19, Completed: NEVER!; View More Pics @ https://starmobileone.com/

11. Thanks Schauby_16 thanked for this post
    Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome Schauby. Enjoy the experience of a lifetime. It is like everything else in life. Frustrating at times but sooo........rewarding.
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson
    Sportsman S/R 26x8x18 front and 29x18x20 rear tires.

13. Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I thought I posted in this thread!

Glad to see someone else attempting a 6R80! I’m very close to go carting. If you need anything, feel free to PM me. Me and one other member that I know of are working on 6R80 trannied cars.

What controller you planning to use? We are both using frpp controls packs.
    '33 Hot Rod
    Ordered: 3/25/17. Delivered: 5/6/17. 1st start: 8/24/18

MK4 Roadster
    Ordered: 7/10/13. Delivered: 8/20/13. Completed: 10/26/15.
    I did everything except spray it. She ain't perfect, but she's mine.

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Excellent News..... You won't be sorry. Now "I" have news also. Just talked to Stewart driver and he is 2 hours away from me here in Yucaipa, CA. I should have my 33' in garage by end of day... Car was done at F5 Aug 18 and now after almost a month to stage, ship and then finally deliver, Its close. But with 2 hours to go,,,, NO complaints.

Post Thanks / Like
    Svtfreak Thanks I know i will have questions. I'm not there yet for what controller, but I'm open to suggestions

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyAndy View Post
    Excellent News..... You won't be sorry. Now "I" have news also. Just talked to Stewart driver and he is 2 hours away from me here in Yucaipa, CA. I should have my 33' in garage by end of day... Car was done at F5 Aug 18 and now after almost a month to stage, ship and then finally deliver, Its close. But with 2 hours to go,,,, NO complaints.
    I wonder what is going on with Stewart Transportation? My Stage 2 was completed on 8/25 and scheduled for pick up the week of 8/27 through 8/31. I called Stewart on 9/6 and she gave me excuses and said it would be picked up on 9/10. I still haven't heard from them so I called FFR on Thursday and was told they were loading that day and would leave yesterday. We will see.
    33 Hot Rod (Gen 1) Stage 1 delivered on 4/27/2017, Stage 2 delivered on 9/21/2018
    LS3 495hp/480 lb. ft., 4L70E, Electric PS, Classic Auto Air, Lokar electronic sport shifter, 13 inch Wilwood front and 11.68 Cobra rear brakes, Ford 8.8 w 3.73 w 4 link, Billet Specialty Legend Series MAG wheels and Mickey Thompson

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    I got the same excuses and just bit my tongue. My car was ready Aug 18 and I just got it yesterday, Sept 14..... I had a little bit of a unique unload with school traffic, am and pm, road construction and then my rear garage has a gravel driveway which was a problem for their dolly to roll on. BUT, the driver, Scott, was outstanding, Way Cool Guy, a buddy and I helped him and we just took everything out of the van on the boom crane, lowered it into my pick up bed and took it too rear garage. Easy Peasy. 3 trips and we were done. Maybe a little less than an hour total. I inventoried all the EASY stuff this am in less than an hour BUT the rest of the boxes with small parts.... could take a week. I also got some back order items... Not sure how that all gets handled,,, so far so good. The driver told me Stewart has 3 trucks dedicated to F5 and they are ALWAYS busy. Sounds like F5 really puts out the product.. Oh, and he had 7 cars on his trailer, I was 1st one off. All is well in the land of Milk and Honey.

19. Likes HVACMAN liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by HVACMAN View Post
    I wonder what is going on with Stewart Transportation? My Stage 2 was completed on 8/25 and scheduled for pick up the week of 8/27 through 8/31. I called Stewart on 9/6 and she gave me excuses and said it would be picked up on 9/10. I still haven't heard from them so I called FFR on Thursday and was told they were loading that day and would leave yesterday. We will see.
    UPDATE: I talked to the Stewart driver yesterday afternoon. He was in Iowa and will be here tomorrow. From here he has kits for Jersey Village and Pflugerville. Looks like Texas is keeping FFR busy.

21. Likes AJT '33 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like

Got it!!!!

The Truck stopped by on the first!!!! My son got the biggest kick out of the Big truck and helping me move all the parts in. I thought I had room but quickly noticed how wrong I was lol.
    I have started inventory and found only a few items are back-ordered so I got to work putting my front and rear together. The IRS diff was not as hard as i thought it would be. now I'm waiting on my rear spindles to come in, so i can finish up the rear. Any build masters out there have suggestions on what to do while I wait?

Truck.jpegCar drop off .jpeg

23. Likes FF33rod, wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Good to hear

have fun with it

Lots to jump on at at this stage, pedal box, fit firewall, if front together steering linkage

Bob

Post Thanks / Like
    Good luck with the project

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on the new arrival.
    CVOBill
    MK2 #???? Delivered 11/2002, Finished and Titled 6/2003 5.0, T-5, 4-Link, Sold 3/2005
    Hot Rod #304 purchased 5/28/2017 from original owner Unassembled . Titled and plated 8/24/2017 Coyote,
    TKO, 3-Link, Heat, A/C, Electric Power Steering, Convertible top
    MK4 #9524 Picked up 1/18/19 306 Blueprint, T-5, 4-Link, Gas-N Pipes, Heater

Post Thanks / Like
    Blog Entries
    Good luck,
    Keep us posted on the build. I just completed fitting doors (PIA) truck lid and hood, have not final gapped any of them.
    I run a 303 bored 0.040 over with a 5-speed T-5 tranny. been working on it since Oct 2015.
    I retired in June so I would have more time to complete, but with open heart surgury in July recovery has been slow, but still determined to have her complete by June of 2019, maybe not paint.
    Loads of info on website and people willing to help you along the way, also good videos one that stands out is a builder in Canada called the compound he is on you tube. the language can be a little course but the info and videos are great.

Bob

28. Likes Schauby_16 liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Painted A-arms today with derathane DTM. I use this on all my industrial equipment and seems to hold up well, to the abuse of my customers. Last night the peddle box went in and I picked up my temporary wheels and tires.(just for rollers). I'm hoping to have a roller by next week.
    sup paint.jpeg
    my lovely wife gave me a time frame to get the car done, and on the road with in a year. If I do she said she will do all the running around at the DMV.
    so fingers crossed I can keep moving on this car.

30. Likes FF33rod liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    I have been busy lately but I got a little time in on the car with my son last night he got a kick out of it. after putting the zip ties on the shocks hats he asked how am i going to drive it without a steering wheel? so i had to pull it out for him. lol I wish I had a video his car sounds are the best!!!

22B7210D-B8F3-4B1B-A5FF-28DD28E70836.jpgC3475CBB-D71F-4BED-9F65-0F9DB81BDB1B.jpg9354DC29-500E-4639-BEE5-35E4F5AB90AC.jpeg

32. Likes wrp liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Well I have been busy, got the 33 on the ground full roller. Ran all the break lines, test fit that big coyote engine, and put lizard skin on all the sheet metal and doors. Tomorrow my son and I are going to get the engine ready to fit properly in the bay.
    I am also wondering if any one has had problems with the 11in irs brake caliper mounts and spacers I’m hoping I have them right the book online has different spacers then what I was given.

34. Likes wrp liked this post