FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  2
Likes Likes:  2

Thread: Master Cylinder not bolting up

Post Thanks / Like

Master Cylinder not bolting up

Installing Wilwood pedal box and reverse mount masters. Pedal box mount in book picture looks nothing like this one, (looks like the one in the cobra) Master cylinder hits bracket and wont slide on bolts? Anyone else have this issue ? Cant get hold of tech support....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Moved the assembly to the top of bracket instead of below it and everything bolts up, I just hope this doesnt raise my pedals up to high or interfere with anything else.....
    Attached Images Attached Images

Post Thanks / Like
    Here is a shot of how our setup, not sure why you needed to sit it on top. Be careful of the body clearance after.
    20180117_201959.jpg 20180119_193253.jpg

4. Likes Miltbuilt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    It looks like the bracket on your car is a lot wider than the one on mine on the right hand side yours has a piece that comes off the square tube that your pedal assembly bolts to mine does not have that

Post Thanks / Like
    I talked to FFR about this a couple of weeks ago. They changed the frame mount for the pedal box and yes the new design requires the pedal box to be mounted from the top.

Wibby

7. Thanks Miltbuilt thanked for this post
    Likes Miltbuilt liked this post
    Post Thanks / Like
    Yeah you would think that since we've only had the car just over a month we would have gotten the newest upgraded book

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for input Guys. This is my project for tomorrow. Would be nice if they would send Corrections and Revisions to Manual as required. Also DISCOVERED my forward Fuel
    Filler Neck hole is NOW in the middle and not on the Drivers Side. So, if you are getting a Boyd Tank like I have, I have to attach a cover, and cut out a new access hole. AND, the Battery Access hole has been deleted. Surprise, Surprise. I have only just begin my build.
    FFR Hot Rod #1106

10. Thanks Miltbuilt thanked for this post