Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  1
Likes Likes:  1

Thread: Missng piece on door Drawing

Post Thanks / Like

Missng piece on door Drawing

Hi

I have a question about the door hardware. I was just mocking up the door hardware when I noticed a part I do not seem to have. On page 392 you have a mechanical drawing of the door hinge assembly. On the right hand drawing you show a piece of metal that is not labeled. You show it as going under item #1 and the top hinge. I have two pieces one for the front inside door frame and the other I don’t know. The holes in both pieces are to small to fit for the bolts your using. Not sure what this is or where to find it.

Thanks TomH33_DSC0112.jpg

Post Thanks / Like
    I think the piece you are referring to is a hinge stop. Keeps the door from opening too far. Maybe hey discontinued it?
    Mike

Director of R&D, FFR Jim Schenck's Avatar
    Post Thanks / Like
    Tom,

I looked back a few revs in the manual but I am not sure which piece you are looking at. There is a door stop built into the top of the hinge but it is just an allen bolt and not a laser cut part. The two parts in you picture from left to right are the latch mount (inside the door) and the striker mount (to the chassis). If you can take a picture of the manual page pointing to the part you mean that might help me understand which one it is. You can send it to my email at jim(at)factoryfive(dot)com.
    Jim Schenck
    Factory Five Racing

4. Thanks David Hodgkins thanked for this post
    Likes David Hodgkins liked this post

Post Thanks / Like
    Sorry. Thought this was an 818
    Mike

Post Thanks / Like
    Hi

Thanks for your help. I think Mr. Everson is right. I have the allan bolt stop in place as listed in the manual. I think the metal piece below the upper hinge was an old stop no longer used. I did mock up all the hardware for the drivers side and it seems to work fine including the stop.

Thanks again
    TomH33