FormaCars

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: FF Fuse Box Mounting Added My solutions to Location & Routing of items

Post Thanks / Like

FF Fuse Box Mounting Added My solutions to Location & Routing of items

My kit was delivered shortly after being flooded by Harvey (in Houston) and I only got to open my boxes on April 1 this year. Since then I've been having fun.
    I've been reading the forum posts regularly, and just like when I was building my 818S I have been helped a lot. Thanks to all! Also, as when building the 818 I only post when I think I may have something different for consideration or comment.
    I have just decided on the fuse box location and mounted it temporarily. I will still be able to remove the DS foot box top cover for brake bias adjustment. Obviously, I will tidy up the wire bundles etc, and the place I will pass the harness through the fire wall is also obvious.
    Here are a few things I have chosen to do:
    Brake Fluid feed routing using a few fittings to make a manifold, and save valuable under dash space.
    Avoid 4 A/C line crimps and not use the bulkhead connectors. Ditto heater hose to/from the evaporator assembly.
    Positioned the PCM vertically above the bell housing.
    AC filter etc..jpg
    Brake Fluid Routing (2).jpg
    HVAC hose routing.jpg
    PCM location.jpg
    Fuse box mount 1.jpg
    Fuse Box mount 2.jpg

Fuse Box Mounting.jpg
    Last edited by freds; 10-01-2018 at 04:09 PM. Reason: Additional info and clarity

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for supplying the pics. So many different ways to do this. I have a similar build and love to see other interpretations.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for supplying the pics. So many different ways to do this. I have a similar build and love to see other interpretations. I installed the PCM thru the firewall, thru the forward transmission tunnel top partly exposing it under the dash behind the dash switches. It looks clean, from the engine bay, but yours doesn't look bad either.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jdavis500 View Post
    Thanks for supplying the pics. So many different ways to do this. I have a similar build and love to see other interpretations. I installed the PCM thru the firewall, thru the forward transmission tunnel top partly exposing it under the dash behind the dash switches. It looks clean, from the engine bay, but yours doesn't look bad either.
    Appreciate your post and can tell you I have read your thread, and it and all others, have helped me enormously. Thanks.

I post, when I think I have something new to add to the pool of experience and knowledge, and the main reason I posted was to show that the bulkhead fittings and 8 crimped fittings can be avoided. I was expecting comments on that, but so far..... I also thought making a "manifold" for feeding the brake fluid to the master cylinders was tidier than using the hoses and Y connector, keeping valuable under dash space less cluttered.
    Anyway, I'm enjoying the build, and having a vehicle with a roof and A/C will I think make this one a keeper.
    Cheers
    fred

Post Thanks / Like
    Two pieces of 3/4 x 1/8 flat bar gets the Factory Five Fuse box mounted vertically,easily accessed, and out of the way.... or am I missing something?

Fuse Box Mounting.jpg