Newbie here with a suspension question on my recently purchased FFR MKII, which was an 02 factory build. Carbureted ford 302 with ford 5 spd and 8 inch rear end.

I was doing some hard mid-to-WOT runs to make some carb adjustments and afterward noticed the passenger rear of the car sitting an inch and a half lower than the driver side. Jacked it up by the frame and discovered the following difference in the rear springs: the pic labeled D was the driver’s side and the spring was tight between the lip and the control arm (the two arrows). The passenger side spring (pic labeled P) was not tight between those areas (it had more spring above the lip). I was able to rotate the spring until more was below the lip and it was tight between the arrows (the fixed? picture). Now the car sitting back level again.

Two questions: 1. Should the entire spring on both sides be between the lip and control arm with nothing above the lip, or only enough until it’s ‘snug’ like now? 2. How can I stop the spring from rotating loose again?

Side note: if you accelerate very hard and are not smooth, or are on a very choppy road, the back end can begin bouncing like crazy and you have to let off the throttle to settle it back down. Can any of the points mentioned above be part of this??

Thanks in advance for any help!
IMG_4063.jpgIMG_4064.jpgIMG_4065.jpg