Forte's

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Sorting out my Roadster

Post Thanks / Like

Sorting out my Roadster

Well had the Mass-Flo replaced with a QuickFuel 600 slayer and also had the rear sway bar removed....couldn't be happier. The car is super responsive and pulls hard all through the rev range, and the squeaks from the back end are gone as an interesting side bar it actual seems to ride better over bumps than it used to.

Now I just have a nagging oil leak looks like rear main seal but for now I'll live with it. Is anyone going to be at the NorthEast Region Shelby up near Allentown Pa this week-end?

Post Thanks / Like
    I was not aware of this show. I might try to attend the car show on Sunday. Please send me a PM with your plans and maybe we could meet. Weather could be an issue.
    Mk4 Roadster, Picked up complete kit 8/22/14. Most FFR options except Wilwood brakes and IRS. First start 11/11/14. Go-kart 3/8/15. 347 Stroker, TKO 500, 3-link/3.27 rear. PA street legal 7/29/15.

Post Thanks / Like
    Ceasar, just so you know, nearly every oil leak on a sbf looks like it's from the rear main seal. But it almost never is. Top culprits are valve cover gaskets, intake, and 3rd might be flywheel bolts which need to have sealer on them as the hole goes all the way through the crankshaft flange.
    FFR MkII, 408W, Tremec TKO 500, 2015 IRS, DA QA1s, Forte front bar, APE hardtop.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by CraigS View Post
    Ceasar, just so you know, nearly every oil leak on a sbf looks like it's from the rear main seal. But it almost never is. Top culprits are valve cover gaskets, intake, and 3rd might be flywheel bolts which need to have sealer on them as the hole goes all the way through the crankshaft flange.
    Thanks Craig, I'll keep these in mind, for now I'm gonna drive it and enjoy it for awhile

Post Thanks / Like
    The saga continues, lol, well the car runs 100% better now pulls clean and hard through the rev range.......however......the shop forgot to check the electric fan it was hooked up through the computer (Mass-Flo) luckily I caught it no overheating but it's back at the shop :-(