Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: EFI fuel pump install

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Post Thanks / Like

EFI fuel pump install

Wow,what a pain to get this into the tank. I can't seem to get it to seat under the three tabs.

Any advice?

Post Thanks / Like
    I had to rotate the sock 90 degrees.
    Then it just about fell in to place.

Post Thanks / Like
    I just did mine on the Roadster kit (Mustang tank). In this case there's a sump built into the bottom of the tank, and the filter sock would only go down in there one direction.
    Additionally, the ears on the opening invade the space for the disc on the pump mount (also the fuel lever sender). You'll have to fiddle around with them to get it to drop into place.
    (Schmear up the O-rings with some Vaseline or chassis grease, then set them in place. The grease will help hold them, and let the parts slide around without un-seating the O-ring).
    John D. - Minneapolis 'Burbs

1965 El Camino - LT-1, 4L60e, 4wh discs, SC&C susp.
    2013 F-150 Platinum - Twin Turbo 3.5
    2018 Mk4 Roadster w/ Coyote - #9365 - Build Thread Delivery 7/3/18, 1st Start 1/4/19, 1st Road Mile 5/5/19, Legal 6/18/19, In Paint 2/25/21, Done (?) 4/2021

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixit View Post
    I just did mine on the Roadster kit (Mustang tank). In this case there's a sump built into the bottom of the tank, and the filter sock would only go down in there one direction.
    Additionally, the ears on the opening invade the space for the disc on the pump mount (also the fuel lever sender). You'll have to fiddle around with them to get it to drop into place.
    (Schmear up the O-rings with some Vaseline or chassis grease, then set them in place. The grease will help hold them, and let the parts slide around without un-seating the O-ring).

John,
    I think I have the same kind of tank. There is a sump or baffle near the opening but off enough that I thought it wasn't supposed to go into there. So am I understanding you correctly, the pump and sock goes into the
    "SUMP" one way only?

Post Thanks / Like
    bump.

PLATNUM Supporting Member
    Post Thanks / Like
    Ken look at my build thread post 113 and picture 6. You can see location of outlets for fuel pump. May help you figure out your problem. You do have to make sock go into sump area.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by wallace18 View Post
    Ken look at my build thread post 113 and picture 6. You can see location of outlets for fuel pump. May help you figure out your problem. You do have to make sock go into sump area.

DONE! once I had the correct orientation, it went in - 5 minutes tops. Thanks to Tom Wallace once again! Whoo Hoo!
    subject is closed!