Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: OldSkiBum Returns

Post Thanks / Like

OldSkiBum Returns

Several years ago I purchased one of the first 33 hot rods to be produced.
    I was about 3/4s complete with my build when I went through a divorce and had to sell the 33.
    I missed having a project and about two years ago purchased a 73 Corvette to restore and I've been driving it and collecting parts for the body off restoration.
    I've never been thrilled with a Corvette and recently decided to sell the Corvette and purchase another factory five.
    I've purchased all the parts to build a Chevrolet big block 496 cu in and plan to build my factory five around that motor.
    I'm looking at either a 65 Coupe or another 33 Hot Rod.
    It feels good to be back!!!

Post Thanks / Like
    Welcome back to the 33 Hot Rod family. I too was starting on a Vette restore, a 76 for me, and decided to sell it and go with the 33. Actually, in my case it was my wife who came to me one day and said "Why are you even working on this Vette when it is the '33 hot rod that you really want?" I could not answer that question and a bit later was selling the Vette and ordering the Hot Rod.

I have also been stripping an '89 Vette for the motor and trans for the Hot Rod.

What part of the country you in?
    Tim Sapp
    Build Blog: http://hotrod.sapp-family.com/blog/

33 Hot Rod
    Delivered 5/31/2017

"The High Country", beautiful Flagstaff, AZ
    Post Thanks / Like
    I was considering building a tube chassis C-3 Vette street / strip race car and then decided to build a tribute old school hot rod street legal race car. This is what I ended up with. It would be even cooler with a BBC instead of the mouse motor.

1.jpg