Midwest Classic Insurance

Visit our community sponsor

Thanks Thanks:  0
Likes Likes:  0

Thread: Show and Shine in Caldwell

Post Thanks / Like

Show and Shine in Caldwell

Show and Shine cars show in Idaho today. Received Best in Show award. They said my GTM stole the show and wanted to question me downtown. Book 'em, Danno.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Just an old man with a great hobby

Post Thanks / Like
    Very cool!
    Generation 3 Type 65 Daytona Coupe Complete Kit #151885 received May 6, 2022. Gen 3 Coyote, IRS, Tremec TKX, American Powertrain hydraulic throwout bearing & Wilwood brakes.

MK4 Basic Kit #7404, 347 EFI - Pro M Racing ECM, 30# injectors, 70 mm throttle body, 80 mm MAF, Edelbrock Performer aluminum heads & RPM II intake, all new G-Force T5, 3:55 gears, Pro 5.0 shifter, 3-link, carbon fiber dash/custom Speedhut gauges and paint by Da Bat.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congratulations! Great looking car. Your post caught my attention because my wife was born in Caldwell and I in Nampa. We both lived in Nampa all our lives until moving to Arizona in 2011. Still have family there and visit regularly!

Post Thanks / Like
    Nicely done Roger!!!!! I absolutely love seeing the successes of the GTM builds out there. Its a challenge to get it to show quality, but it is totally doable. I really like the carbon fiber hood pieces you have.

Post Thanks / Like
    Beautiful car, nice award!
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZREALTOR View Post
    Congratulations! Great looking car. Your post caught my attention because my wife was born in Caldwell and I in Nampa. We both lived in Nampa all our lives until moving to Arizona in 2011. Still have family there and visit regularly!
    Let me know when you are back in town.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats!! You have a beautiful and wicked-fast car there, my friend!!
    Shane Vacek
    VRaptor SpeedWorks, LLC
    www.vraptorspeedworks.com
    Turn-key GTM, SL-C & Ultima GTR Built to Your Specs!
    Offering a full line of GTM Upgrades and Custom Parts

Post Thanks / Like
    What is your hood badge?
    MK3.1 2004 Mach 1 donor. ABS, PS, TC.
    GTM #304 LPE 525hp LS3
    2000 C5 Lingenfelter LS1@489hp
    1999 Corvette FRC/Z06 track car

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by beeman View Post
    What is your hood badge?
    Thanks everyone for your kind words. The badge emblem on the front I designed in Cadd. A local company printed it up for me. I named the car Mjollnir before I ever started building. Mjollnir is the name of the hammer of Thor. It kinda went with "put the hammer down" LOL.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats on your award. Small world. Our daughter-in-law and grandkids were at the event. They live in Nampa. Said they saw a car with a Factory Five badge and mentioned it to me since I've been known to dabble in that brand myself. They liked your car a lot.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Congrats, Roger! I hadn't heard about that show. I am in Nampa and would have loved to come and see your car! Let me know when your next show is and I will bring the boys out to see how amazing a build can turn out. We are hoping our 818 will turn some heads one day!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by edwardb View Post
    Congrats on your award. Small world. Our daughter-in-law and grandkids were at the event. They live in Nampa. Said they saw a car with a Factory Five badge and mentioned it to me since I've been known to dabble in that brand myself. They liked your car a lot.
    I offered any kid that wanted to a chance to sit in the car and have their parents take their picture. Did your grandkids get their picture taken?

Quote Originally Posted by melnjoel View Post
    Congrats, Roger! I hadn't heard about that show. I am in Nampa and would have loved to come and see your car! Let me know when your next show is and I will bring the boys out to see how amazing a build can turn out. We are hoping our 818 will turn some heads one day!
    Will Do. I would also love to see an 818 build.

Post Thanks / Like
    Props for Idaho FFRs!

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Reid View Post
    I offered any kid that wanted to a chance to sit in the car and have their parents take their picture. Did your grandkids get their picture taken?
    Nothing was said about that, so I doubt it. They've sat in and ridden in grandpa's cars a bunch of times () so maybe not quite the attraction as for others. Great idea you're doing that though.
    Build 1: Mk3 Roadster #5125. Sold 11/08/2014. Build 2: Mk4 Roadster #7750. Sold 04/10/2017. Build Thread
    Build 3: Mk4 Roadster 20th Anniversary #8674. Sold 09/07/2020. Build Thread and Video. Build 4: Gen 3 Type 65 Coupe #59. Gen 3 Coyote. Legal 03/04/2020. Build Thread and Video
    Build 5: 35 Hot Rod Truck #138. LS3 and 4L65E auto. Rcvd 01/05/2021. Legal 04/20/2023. Build Thread. Sold 11/9/2023.

Post Thanks / Like
    Rodger

I saw your rear sway bar on Shoeless post. I am interested in possible getting rear sway bar. Either built like you show in pictures or can build if you only have the one. Been trying to get a front sway bare from Quick Racing but gues he still does not have enough orders to get them built yet. You can PM me it you want as I like your set up.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Reid View Post
    Thanks everyone for your kind words. The badge emblem on the front I designed in Cadd. A local company printed it up for me. I named the car Mjollnir before I ever started building. Mjollnir is the name of the hammer of Thor. It kinda went with "put the hammer down" LOL.
    Bee-

Thanks for asking about that. I was going to ask myself before I saw that you did.

Roger-

Congratulations on the success at the show, but also for a beautiful car! You did a great job. I love the badge; both the idea and the execution!

Congratulations again.

Regards,

Steve

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by jamesfr58 View Post
    Rodger

I saw your rear sway bar on Shoeless post. I am interested in possible getting rear sway bar. Either built like you show in pictures or can build if you only have the one. Been trying to get a front sway bare from Quick Racing but gues he still does not have enough orders to get them built yet. You can PM me it you want as I like your set up.
    Quick Racing is the best front sway bar setup so far. I don't recommend doing it the way I did mine but it works. I would have used the QRP set up had it been available when I built mine. Best bet is to try to get a group buy from the forum (both forums).

For the rear sway bar, I will try to locate the cadd files from my work computer. Here is a jpeg of the bracket. It fits over the top rear a arm mount. Check whether you have clearance above the transaxle and below the exhaust as shown in the pic. It's hard to see but it's the horizontal black bar just under the exhaust crossover.

Post Thanks / Like
    Roger,

You mentioned above if I was coming to Nampa to let you know. I will be there April 5th-15th. Do you have plans to be showing your car anywhere? We have a lot going on while there but if you are going to be out I would try to come by.

Post Thanks / Like
    Quote Originally Posted by AZREALTOR View Post
    Roger,

You mentioned above if I was coming to Nampa to let you know. I will be there April 5th-15th. Do you have plans to be showing your car anywhere? We have a lot going on while there but if you are going to be out I would try to come by.
    I should be in town that week. I'll send a pm with contact info.

Post Thanks / Like
    Thanks for the reply